Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Mild built head install - KMS/Delta experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mild built head install - KMS/Delta experience

Let me start out first saying, check out my member's ride thread.

Secondly, I installed my mild-built cylinder head today. Delta 272, KMS springs/retainers, blahblahblah. So far I'm SUPER HAPPY! My buddy came by after I finished and we did a nice street tune so she's tearing it up again. Only complaint is the valve clearance is apparently too high because it still taps pretty hard. It's probably a lot due to the cam and springs, but I'm gonna lower the clearance and see if it helps.

Top end is way way improved! Mid-range after some timing adjustment is sick. With 4 total people in the car and a full tank of gas, the car felt 5x faster than before. Finally my blowing smoke through the valve seals problem is done!

I'd like to say right now also that KMS gets a HUMONGOUS thumbs up from me. I understand a few years back people have issues but I've had ZERO! I ordered the spring set but the machine shop told me that they were smaller than stock. So I called KMS and got through immediately, gave him the measurements and he said he'd call me back. 20 minutes later he called back and said, those are the right springs, but our retainer set is needed, which was fine by me. They're titanium and I'm sure it would help overall. I was in a pinch, I needed them FAST. He said he'd next day them and I had them the next afternoon. Had them to the machine shop and was off and running. I can't remember his name but he was SUPER helpful, prompt and courteous.

The product so far is flawless. Now I've only driven it a fair amount of miles with a few 3rd gear pulls. Retune and it runs great. Now like I said, there is a fair amount of valve tap, but I'll figure that out sooner or later.

Delta, of course is a great company to deal with. Very prompt, great price, great service and I got a sweet shirt, even though it's too big. Product works great and is super aggressive giving me some lovely top end gains.

I installed ARP headstuds and my RC 550cc injectors at the same time. Install went fine, but installing a full assembled head w/ fully assembled intake manifold over a set of headstuds is NOT easy by yourself. Oh, and I hate installing timing belts.

Okay, enough ranting. Dyno will be soon after school calms down. KMS [honda-performance.com] gets a big thumbs up. Delta camshafts [delta-cam.com] gets a big thumbs up. My install skills get a few thumbs up. Matt Shue [SOHC_Mshue] gets a humongous few thumbs up also.

<3
    wat

Nice bro get it to the track asap Im sure you'll hit 13z real now!
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

good to hear. Awhile back I heard of problems with KMS, but I still planned on getting all my headwork done there, so it's good to hear that people aren't having problems with them anymore
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

you have done quite alot of work since we all went to the meet! sounds good that your in the game and each time its stronger!

Comment

Thanks man. This car is nothing like the last. I'm in love all over again. Like I've told Mike, an East Coast meet needs to be organized soon! I love driving in the fall.
          wat

Comment

Working...
          X