Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turboing with a factory golf 1.8L turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turboing with a factory golf 1.8L turbo?

yeahhh...a buddy of mine just upgraded his stock turbo on his golf...so he's got the stocker for sale.

i was wondering what i'd have to do in order for it to work. any internal work?

also, would i need any extra parts because of the turbo being factory?

i'm talking about running a few pounds of boost...not very much. anyway, LMK

dont bother. that turbo is mad small. it would be perfect for a motorcycle tho

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

well that's not limiting me just to a factory golf turbo. others, if bigger...what'd be necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by npor
        well that's not limiting me just to a factory golf turbo. others, if bigger...what'd be necessary?

this isn't the beginner forums so we're allowed to say it... search next time

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=17090

Comment

welp. since the first post says nothing about a factory turbo...

Comment

man u have got to search and research the FI forum. as far as the gold turbo goes dont try it.
            1. It is entirely too small so unless u r running 2 or more will be useless
            2. way to much fabrication to get that turbo to work
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Are we talking about a K03?

Comment

he may not be able to go super fast with it... but at least he wouldnt have any turbo lag... hahaha

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

But it'd be a hairdryer after 4,000 RPM.
                  wat

Comment

In my opinion i think the k03 and t25 are two of the biggest wastes of time..

they dont create power up high and they put out way too much heat.

Get a 16g for 200-300$ and call it a day.

Steve
                    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

the ihi im running makes good top end power
                      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

just to give you an idea about the stock GTi turbo...

when i went to the dyno, i made 200whp, 215wtq at 8psi with the 14b
                        a stockish GTi, running 16psi on the turbo you are talking about, made 205whp, 200wtq.

not very efficient if you ask me

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

funny this thread should come up....

i installed a boost controller on my buddy's 1.8t jetta yesterday, and we upped the boost to 15psi...

then i ran him with my cb, an im only holding at 6psi.

and we were dead even, till i started to pull on him at the end of 3rd.

the only thing that small ass snail has going for it is instant boost... it spools even faster than my 14b, which is already overly small... but it completely weezes out in the top end...

id say pass it up and get something bigger... youll just create tons of heat with that thing
                          1993 CB7
                          2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                            welp. since the first post says nothing about a factory turbo...
                            Whether it's a "factory" turbo, or an "aftermarket" turbo has nothing to do with what will need to be done. A turbo is a turbo (to an extent....I know), there's a lot more to what needs to be done to go for boost than where the turbo came from.
                            1993 Prelude S
                            F22A1
                            custom'ish turbo setup
                            180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                            18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                            currently being rebuilt

Comment

Working...
                            X