Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

JR Supercharger in CD coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JR Supercharger in CD coupe

I've seen the CB7 with the ascot front end with the JR supercharger..... but didn't it need some modification or custom bracket to clear the strut tower? Some guy is selling a JR supercharger and he claims that it needed NO modification to fit in his CD chassis accord. Is the CB7 and CD chassis engine bay pretty much the same shape? I mean a H22 bolts in directly pretty much in each chassis.... Is it semi different how it sits in the engine bay? reason being we can't use Hasport CD mounts in our cars to use swap a K-series engine? I passed a deal a long time ago and could've had a used JR charger kit for $800 from a local seller! But i was under the impression that the CB7 had firewall issues...but that rumor seems to be obsolete now since it's been shown that wasn't a issue at all.

Here are pictures of a JR kit in a CD accord coupe.

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

its a tight fit but i think there has to be some modding to make this work. the strut tower has to be modded.
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

If I remember correctly, there are issues with the firewall, theres definately not enough room. I think theres also problems/interference with the master brake cylinder and issues with the pulleys, again being that there's not enough room. Hope this helps.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63
        If I remember correctly, there are issues with the firewall, theres definately not enough room. I think theres also problems/interference with the master brake cylinder and issues with the pulleys, again being that there's not enough room. Hope this helps.
        From those pics, it looks like the owner said fuck it and slapped it in anyhow. The pulley is dangerously close to the left strut. Its just a tight fit all around, but it fits. The pics prove it. Unless the guy cut and rewelded some parts of that engine bay (which I don't see at all in these pics), its fits.

Comment

ive seen this before i think, but i think it was in a 4th gen... looked just like that though? anyway from what i read, he had to trim part of the actual engine mount, but no welding to make room. he did a good job figuring out all the right sized pulleys to get the belt around everything in that tight space...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dam, that would be hott in a CB

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

About 4-5 years ago, (before I got my cb), I was helping a friend try to put on on his h22 cb7. There's no way to "SIMPLY" put this in. The firewall and brake mc/booster will definately be a problem. I actually did a writeup on honda-tech some time ago that explained why this would "not" work. I also had pics but I can't find it now.
              For anyone that has put an H22/H23/F22b in knows that the intake manifold is very close to the firewall. the jrsc is larger than the IM and will not fit without serious fabrication here is a pic of the back of the sc. it attaches to the lower half of the manifold. see how much further it sticks out.
              The

CD has more engine space b/c its made to fit a V6 in there.
              Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

thatd be a fun project getting that to fit. somebody want to donate one?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by yellaboi
                  ...CD has more engine space b/c its made to fit a V6 in there.
                  This statement is questionable. The CD bay can be larger, but the V6 and 14 fenders are different sizes. This would mean the V6 bay is different.

Comment

The CD V6 bay is slightly longer for cooling considerations.

That guy who put on in his CB Ascot, said that only some very minor mods to the jackshaft mechanism were necessary. I would have to go back and find that thread, but I thought he said it pretty much went right in.

Also, the IM on the CB does sit close to the bottom of the windshield, but the windshield actually comes out farther than the firewall, so it slopes abrupptly back, and clearance increases.

I haven't done it (I AM thinking about it though), so I am not going to speculate, but I am pretty sure that Canadian guy said that only minor mods were necessary.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      The CD V6 bay is slightly longer for cooling considerations.

That guy who put on in his CB Ascot, said that only some very minor mods to the jackshaft mechanism were necessary. I would have to go back and find that thread, but I thought he said it pretty much went right in.

Also, the IM on the CB does sit close to the bottom of the windshield, but the windshield actually comes out farther than the firewall, so it slopes abrupptly back, and clearance increases.

I haven't done it (I AM thinking about it though), so I am not going to speculate, but I am pretty sure that Canadian guy said that only minor mods were necessary.
                      i, too, think i remember some canadian guy that did something like this. maybe im just thinking of the guy that put that 3.8 buick supercharger on his f22.

Comment

I did not know that the v6 bay and 4cyl bay were different in the CD, but I do know that I have personally attempted this and know that it would be difficult to make it work. The mounting plate could not be bolted into place on the manifold because it hits the firewall(even with studs and brake lines relocated).

I'm not saying that it can't be done or trying to discourage anyone from trying it themselves. I am saying that I have tried it myself and it won't be easy. Easier and cheaper to turbo or modify the"NEW" JRSC or procharger to work. It's not simply bolt on.
                        Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by yellaboi
                          I did not know that the v6 bay and 4cyl bay were different in the CD, but I do know that I have personally attempted this and know that it would be difficult to make it work. The mounting plate could not be bolted into place on the manifold because it hits the firewall(even with studs and brake lines relocated).

I'm not saying that it can't be done or trying to discourage anyone from trying it themselves. I am saying that I have tried it myself and it won't be easy. Easier and cheaper to turbo or modify the"NEW" JRSC or procharger to work. It's not simply bolt on.
                          Agreed. However, its not much of an accomplishment/innovation if it simply bolts on.

Comment

from what ive seen the engine bay in the i4 cd seems bigger, you can tell by how much longer the intake boot is...but in-between the fenderwells where the engine actually sits is probably just around the same size as a cb

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

off topic but.. how much power would those put out?

Comment

Working...
                              X