Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

best h22 turbo manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best h22 turbo manifold

ok guys and girls i'm looking into boostin the h22, what manifold works and holds up? i don't want a shitty ebay manifold that's gone crack or break welds all the time. any suggestions? a few people have mentioned rev hard manifolds any feedback on them? all the searches yeilded me hear say opinions. can i ask what you guys are using and haven't had problems with?
    Last edited by 93cbh23; 11-06-2006, 07:57 PM.
    My other ride is your ex-wife

Rev hard has the cast iron one I am going to buy my buddies pretty good design rock solid. If you want tubular you have a few choices. You can go custom or just buy one pre made either way they are more expensive. Tony at T1 can prob fab one up for you but thats gonna cost you a bit. Umm as for other manufacturers cant think of any at this moment. But I think there is a manufacturer that makes a ramhorn for the h22 already.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Pheonix turbo makes the peakboost manifold but you have to get the half-sized radiator for the wastegate to fit. Becuase its in the middle literally touchin the radiator if you have a fullsized on. If you wanna boost and your power goals arent 400 or better stick with the logstyle from revhard its a decent price and itll do justice.

After about 400 or so with a 3inch exhaust and downpipe itll start to creep up on boost becuase of the single runner letting off pressue on cylinder number 1 its not enough to let the air out so it bleeds 1 runner off the wastegate. Its not enough time for the pressure to escape when your flooring it so being that it bleeds off 1 runner it leaves the others open and that when itll creep up on boost.

Comment

well if you want a manifold that isnt a shitty made ebay manifold id go for the full race topmount this is an amazing manifold. have seen one in person and the quality is amazing.
        http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=837

Comment

Originally posted by 4rthgencord
          well if you want a manifold that isnt a shitty made ebay manifold id go for the full race topmount this is an amazing manifold. have seen one in person and the quality is amazing.
          http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=837

yeah for 1300 bucks sure i'll just write em a check.

so the revhard log will work good?looking for around 300. next question would be turbo and wastegate? 14b or t3/t4 ? internal or external?forgive me if this belongs in newbie section.

Comment

The rev hard flange will be able to fit a t3/t4 I say get that. Wastegate Tial seems to be a good company. Some people are running ebay WGs also. My friend ran a 35mm Tial i think on his turbo auto setup with the rev hard kit.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 93cbh22

so the revhard log will work good?looking for around 300. next question would be turbo and wastegate? 14b or t3/t4 ? internal or external?forgive me if this belongs in newbie section.
              after that comment this does belong in the beginner forums. If you don't know differences in turbos you shouldn't try to boost.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                after that comment this does belong in the beginner forums. If you don't know differences in turbos you shouldn't try to boost.

i do so there

Comment

next question would be turbo and wastegate? 14b or t3/t4 ? internal
                  clearly you don't
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

sorry what was the title of this thread? im sorry i thought u wrote best...

Comment

clearly you don't
                      x2
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

well i feel the love here. yeah i said best i should have specified. are the two of you runnin that particular mani? or you just cuttin me down to feel better? i meant the one that works well with the least amount of hassles and mods. forgive me and my lack of expression as to what it was i was looking for. i'll keep an eye on that.

so the rev hard log mani would suit my needs best with a t3/t4?

Comment

revhard is a/c compatible and retains front torque strap. at least that's what their company told me... please, research more before you boost
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

revhard is a/c compatible and retains front torque strap. at least that's what their company told me... please, research more before you boost

thanks that is my reasoning behind asking what you guys are using. no need to make mistakes others have already made if i can get info and learn from their experiences. i would like to retain a/c and as many stock support locations as possible, went through that with aftermarket header, no support like stock to block manifold. my goal if possible is too get around 300 at wheels this is also my daily driver and only vehicle so is this an unreasonable goal or can i make it work? i'm not going to half ass the project just want to make it right. i haven't been able to clearly find out wether the 14b is straight t3 or what any body clarify for me? this is going to be based on the jdm h22a with accord tranny. will the dsm injectors be sufficent? one more question reguarding tubing sizes for both the charge pipes and exhaust ..... 2.25 for charge pipes????? and will 2.5 cat with n1 muffler be ok for a boosted setup?

Comment

t3/t4 should be a nice setup since if you want to boost higher in the future that would have more potential than the 14b. I would think the 14b would lose its efficiency in an H22A motor. I think you can fit 2.5" all around in an h22a might need some cutting but it should work. The 2.5" out exhaust should be good for your dd setup.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X