Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My Turbo F22B2 - F22B DOHC hybrid - s16g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many couplers did you run cause i was lookin at ur pics and i am going to run the ic piping as you did how many couplers did you use?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

2 pre intercooler, 2 to and from intercooler and 1 post intercooler + Throttle body coupler...

Turbo, Piece, C, Peice, C - I - C, Piece, C - Piece, C - TB.

So just 5... then i used 2 different sized ones from off the turbo to my intake piping.

Comment

save your block, buy over sized forged pistons

i think srp's are the cheapest, along with some eagles your set

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

NO money...I just talked to a local guy who is buying my eagle rods...he's putting forged in anyways and tearing the spare block he has...so i might try and trade him for his block/tranny for my block/rods.

It's Aleks...he started a thread on whether it's safe to bore to 85.5mm (like i recommended he do), or if he could just use my block as is and get it honed to proper clearances.

I'm fairly certain the block is still within spec for forged pistons...but if that deal falls through, then ya, i'll probably save and go for forged or something.

Comment

So contacted summit racing...provided my machine shop guy can get the pins out without wrecking them, then i can return the pistons for .5mm over ones and get the block bored.
            Only downside is now i've got more machine work, need new rings and also new main bearings and all that.

mark

Comment

So i got the rest of the motor rebuilt.

Some fun facts...i managed to swap heads with the whole engine harness still attached as well as the IM and turbo manifold...only removed the essentials.
              Oh, and it was a hell of alot easier taking the entire turbo off while the engine was out...didn't have to mess with the Downpipe crap.

All's going pretty good, just need an engine hoist again. (the one i had sucked the the release valve got messed up. wouldn't release, and then wouldn't hold pressure).

Pics to come.

Comment

Working...
              X