Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

SSAC turbos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSAC turbos

ok guys give me opinions on turbo choices. not trying to go completely poor on this project but no need to pay more than i have to right? are the turbos from SSAC any good? looking at the t3/t4 or a straight t3 from them they are relatively cheap in price. i live in dallas and have called majestic turbos of dallas out of waco and they want 650 for a new one. but it's built to my specs which is great. what can i use that will work on this DD 8psi project????? thanks and would the 50 trim be better than the 60 trim for this project?
    My other ride is your ex-wife

my .02, is if you are just going to run 8 psi, why drop 650 in a turbo?
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

yeah i don't want to spend that much that's why i ask abou the ssac

Comment

SSAC products are widley know as complete crap....do not waste your money...the only thing id buy is the intercooler but even thats crap

just buy a used garrett or something

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Supposedly SSAC turbos are good. Thats what I have heard there manifolds are crap but oh well you get lucky sometimes.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

any one else?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=38428

Comment

i was about to post the same thing...
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

No one reads the stickies.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                    No one reads the stickies.
                    what!? where?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Dude everybody has there own opinions about crap! I will be buying a t3/t4 to4e from SSAC soon and all you will have to do is run a oil restrictor on the SSAC turbos so the seals won't go out.
                      99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh
                        Dude everybody has there own opinions about crap! I will be buying a t3/t4 to4e from SSAC soon and all you will have to do is run a oil restrictor on the SSAC turbos so the seals won't go out.
                        yep he's right, i got a ssac turbo or something like it dont remember name but anyways, i was at first pissed but that is the weak point people expect to run 60+psi and it blows the seals and the turbo fails that is the weak point, all u need is an oil restrictor
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Working...
                        X