Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

OBX-R Turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBX-R Turbos

I found this interesting. I never really paid attention to OBX products and with their new LSD being a huge success in the honda scene, I wonder if their turbos are up to par in quality? No i'm not planning on buying one because I have a nice Garret 4-bolt t3/t4oe chilling in my garage right now. I bet they blow XSpower turbos out of the water tho as far as quality is assured perhaps.

COMPRESSOR:
    -Wheel- 63 Trim - 66.7 Inducer / 84.0 Major
    -Housing- 100 Inlet / 60 Outlet - 0.70 A/R
    TURBINE:
    -Wheel- 76 Trim - 74.2 Major / 64.7 Exducer
    -Housing- T04 inlet / 65.75 outlet - 0.81, 0.96, 1.15 A/R

# 650-700 PS Output

# Trim: 63T

# A/R: 0.81

# Flange Type: T04 Flange

# Wastegate Type: External

# Compressor outlet V-band flange

# Assembled and balanced in the USA

# Compatible with all cars utilizing a custom turbo setup

# Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Looks good, but it's what's on the inside that counts.
    wat

Comment

it says it comes with a Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects so it looks like they stand behind their product. who knows...might be a good product.
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

they look like normal turbo's but theyre not. Go on honda-tech and type that in... all sorts of crazy mishaps... the compresor housings are literally glued together and are known to come apart...
        12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
        11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
        F22a1
        60-1 td06h turbo
        Darton mid sleeves
        85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
        Crower pro billet rods
        Custom ported head.
        KMS valves
        F23 headgasket
        ARP H23 headstuds
        H23 upper intake manifold
        F22a6 lower intake manifold
        Intake manifold is gutted
        AEM EMS 1040u
        FIC 850cc injectors
        Walbro 255 pump
        H23 manual trans
        Prelude shifter assembly
        Forbidden short throw
        Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
          they look like normal turbo's but theyre not. Go on honda-tech and type that in... all sorts of crazy mishaps... the compresor housings are literally glued together and are known to come apart...
          Where on honda-tech did you find that? I've seen the thread about the XSpower one doing that not OBX's...

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

i dont see how thats glued.

this looks glued
            Last edited by d112crzy; 12-01-2006, 05:42 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

That actually looks pretty good. However I doubt they'll be any cheaper than a reputable brand.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi
                Where on honda-tech did you find that? I've seen the thread about the XSpower one doing that not OBX's...
                XSpower/ssauto crap but i think OBX stuff is pritty decent from what ive heard...

Comment

So far I've only used there LSD, and other than some install difficulties, it's been working awesome. My OBX LSD thread

I'm getting to the point of needing a larger turbo, so I may have to do a little research on these.

Thanks for the post. L8r
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

from what i've seen of obx, they have two ver. of the same product
                    the cheap shit ball ver. and the and the better ver. that coast a lil more.

Comment

I saw these turbos at SEMA in the OBX booth. I was actually quite inmpressed with them. I talked to Peter from OBX and he said that they do give a lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects and a one year warranty on parts that can wear (bearings, etc.). I believe he said the turbos list for $400. They make everything; T25's, T3's, T3/T4, to full T4's. We are going to become a dealer for OBX, as an inexpensive alternative for customers that don't have a whole lot of money. After seeing OBX's products first hand, I must say that I don't consider them an "Ebay brand" anymore, they have really stepped up on the quality and customer service behind their products.

That's just my $0.02

-Kyle
                      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
                        I saw these turbos at SEMA in the OBX booth. I was actually quite inmpressed with them. I talked to Peter from OBX and he said that they do give a lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects and a one year warranty on parts that can wear (bearings, etc.). I believe he said the turbos list for $400. They make everything; T25's, T3's, T3/T4, to full T4's. We are going to become a dealer for OBX, as an inexpensive alternative for customers that don't have a whole lot of money. After seeing OBX's products first hand, I must say that I don't consider them an "Ebay brand" anymore, they have really stepped up on the quality and customer service behind their products.

That's just my $0.02

-Kyle
                        I second this. My experience with OBX products have been pleasant ones. However, I have only used their exhaust products...

Comment

oops it was the xs power ones that had all the problems... I wouldnt want to be the tester for their turbos though... It will be like their differentials all over again from when they just came out...
                          12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                          11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                          F22a1
                          60-1 td06h turbo
                          Darton mid sleeves
                          85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                          Crower pro billet rods
                          Custom ported head.
                          KMS valves
                          F23 headgasket
                          ARP H23 headstuds
                          H23 upper intake manifold
                          F22a6 lower intake manifold
                          Intake manifold is gutted
                          AEM EMS 1040u
                          FIC 850cc injectors
                          Walbro 255 pump
                          H23 manual trans
                          Prelude shifter assembly
                          Forbidden short throw
                          Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

oops it was the xs power ones that had all the problems... I wouldnt want to be the tester for their turbos though... It will be like their differentials all over again from when they just came out...

Agreed, let others mess with them for a couple years, and after obx gets it all figured out, we can all enjoy a decent turbo. For now I'm gonna stick with my Garrett...
                            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                            01-01-2019

Comment

The lifetime warranty is for the turbo alone. What if there is a mishap with the turbo, it falls apart and metal shreds fly into the intake? Will OBX pay for the damages to the engine or just the turbo?

Comment

Working...
                              X