Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

do u have to tune the ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread made me say WTF...Thanks to those who helped steer this one clear.

Comment

In the best interests of this dude's motor, I think you should sit down and read through about 50 threads on boosting and what is required before you do this. Hell, I have no interest in putting a turbo in my car and I still know more than this dude.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        In the best interests of this dude's motor, I think you should sit down and read through about 50 threads on boosting and what is required before you do this. Hell, I have no interest in putting a turbo in my car and I still know more than this dude.
        i highly doubt that... i just dont know shit about tunning a turbo ecu
        Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Well, that is all part of it. Start reading and you can at least gather enough information to get a good basemap.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
            i highly doubt that... i just dont know shit about tunning a turbo ecu
            Ironically, that will make of break your setup. Literally.

Comment

yeah i know thats the whole reason i asked for help
              Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

why don't u get a chipped ecu adjust the basemap and fuel map so u can atleast drive it.. and than get it tune? that would be smarter.. thats what i plan on using.. my friend is suppose to send me the basemap.. i'm gonna use his.. adjust a few settings.. and i should be able to drive it safely to the tune shop...
                http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

when i was having ecu problems, i popped out the 450's and put the stock injectors back in, and disconnected the cold side piping so i wasnt sending boost to the cylinders, and just drove to the muffler shop running the stock PT3 ECU... a little unnecessary, maybe, but it worked as a safe last resort. i didnt worry about tuning until i had the car back in the driveway, because running open/closed downpipe can influence your tuning in the first place
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                  X