Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stumped (Slow H23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumped (Slow H23)

Ok I havent posted in a while. I have been searching and finding the fixes to my problems thus rendering my posting unnecessary. Ive managed to figure out idle problems, and the like. All problems solved but one... My car is still freaking slow!!! Let me give a rundown of what I have. Last summer, I swapped in a H23, with a Megan Header bolted to my stock piping/muffler, a short ram intake and my stock F22A1 5speed tranny with an XTD Stage 2 clutch. I had the intention of going with boost and have been researching my ass off in that department (hence why I am posting here). I have recently acquired all the parts needed to complete the project minus two. I am about to put this thing in but ever since I have put this motor in, I have been absolutely unimpressed. I know its not an H22, I have had an H22 but cmon, cars that I should be beating in stock form are murdering me from second gear roll ons, ie riced out cavaliers and stock F22 Cb7s. I can roast the tires all through first gear but that seems to be but even after 2nd gear around 5500rpm Im getting some sputtering. Did I miss something? Is it possibly the ECU? It seems that every time I put another dime into this car to fix what could be the problem, it is just another disappointment. Im not looking for an even remotely impressive time but I swear my car wont do a quarter mile in less than 18 seconds. Basically I guess I need some positive reinforcement or some assurance that boost is going to fix the slow problem. I mean I know it will but are we looking at night and day here or am I still going to be disappointed? I am doing my best to search it on my own here but am about at the end of the rope... Thanks for any help or info.

what ecu are you using?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Stock

Comment

stock h23 or stock accord?

if its the latter, then theres your problem.

Comment

stock accord

Comment

well there you go. get a chipped ecu with a proper map, a p39 or a p14 and you will feel a huge difference.

Comment

I have a P06 for the turbo setup...

Comment

Chip the p06 for your application if your not boosting yet. Might as well instead of letting the car run like how it is with the stock ecu.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Got the chip kit from Xenocron! Lo Cash Racing is going chip it. I downloaded Crome

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    well there you go. get a chipped ecu with a proper map, a p39 or a p14 and you will feel a huge difference.
                    nah, i ran the pt6 with my stock f22b, i was still impressed. it pulled better throughout the powerband. I remember my first kill with it, a 240sx with i/h/e and no cat, i smoked him. which ecu is it, the pt3, cause that won't control the IABs
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I just got the P06. Im running the stock Ecu that came with the car. I will get that going then and keep you all updated. Thank You. I also had a long chat with a friend of mine and he suggested building up the head. Back to the searches...

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        nah, i ran the pt6 with my stock f22b, i was still impressed. it pulled better throughout the powerband. I remember my first kill with it, a 240sx with i/h/e and no cat, i smoked him. which ecu is it, the pt3, cause that won't control the IABs
                        yea, I know.

but the h23 is very different than any f22a.

its a whole point higher in compression, that alone makes a big difference in fuel and ignition needs.

with my pt3 on my dohc, it also bogs in the upper rpms, sometimes in the lower.

Comment

i dont know what the problem is with your car but ihav an h23 and i smoke both of my partners turbo talons easy and that is with a stock f22a tranny and stock h23 cpu

Comment

Originally posted by desol11
                            i dont know what the problem is with your car but ihav an h23 and i smoke both of my partners turbo talons easy and that is with a stock f22a tranny and stock h23 cpu
                            thats the HUGE difference.

the ecu makes the biggest difference.

i can smoke gst's

Comment

Well Thank you all for the input, I was really getting kinda bogged on the project. Onward!!

Comment

Working...
                              X