Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

sigle or dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigle or dual

i plan onbeefing up my head and have seen that f22 parts have single valve springs and dual what would be better for the boost project want to be able to rev higher than stock redline

Originally posted by projectAccord
    i plan onbeefing up my head and have seen that f22 parts have single valve springs and dual what would be better for the boost project want to be able to rev higher than stock redline
    I thought they were all dual. 16 valve SOHC I know is in the f22a1, which is what I have, I guess you'd have to get a whole new drive train, but dual valve would be more efficient for power and such. Unless I'm completely confused on how that works, for a 4cyl engine, there has to be at least 8 valves, 2 per cyl, one for exhaust one for intake. Now with DOHC you can have the 24v.
    R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
    FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
    Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

How much higher you plan on reving? Are you going to get cams?
      If it was me, I would get brand new single valve springs, And I would get the Dual if it was a high reving N/A motor.

What about retainers?

Comment

Originally posted by b-bomb
        I thought they were all dual. 16 valve SOHC I know is in the f22a1, which is what I have, I guess you'd have to get a whole new drive train, but dual valve would be more efficient for power and such. Unless I'm completely confused on how that works, for a 4cyl engine, there has to be at least 8 valves, 2 per cyl, one for exhaust one for intake. Now with DOHC you can have the 24v.
        He is talking about valvespring design.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Boost really doesnt have much to do with it. its the revs that will warrent the need for dual valve springs. Of course, your going to need more than just springs if you want to rev high, especially with the 12 foot stroke the F22 has. I would personally run more boost, and not worry about the revs. you dont need to rev high to make power.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            Boost really doesnt have much to do with it. its the revs that will warrent the need for dual valve springs. Of course, your going to need more than just springs if you want to rev high, especially with the 12 foot stroke the F22 has. I would personally run more boost, and not worry about the revs. you dont need to rev high to make power.
            Only if you have vtak =P.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok thanks for the info guys, i dont plan on revving past redline anyway

Comment

Working...
              X