Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

which spark plugs are you useing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which spark plugs are you useing ?

Just wondering if some of you are using a colder burning plug or OEM, Im in need for a change and was wondering what I should use for the DSM setup. Also if you can post the Part numbers it would help
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM.

i'm gonna be using some Bosch Platinium Plus 4s with my setup. Never heard a bad thing bout 'em.

Comment

NGK 7f, 2 step colder
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        NGK 7f, 2 step colder
        dido

Comment

dont use platinum, and dont use zfr 7f11 plugs. They are designed for a lean burn engine... and have very long ground straps which is not good for turbo/nitrous engines... A good plug i ran on 2 old setups is NGK BKR-7E. They will fit fine, and have short ground straps to prevent sparkplug problems. I used them on a stock motor with 75shot wet, and also with a 14b dsm setup. If you plant to make more power another good plug is the NGK race plugs...7...8...9... i forget the # of them....All the plugs i listed are v-power NGK plugs and are cheap in cost. A good place i always used was www.sparkplugs.com . They have everything...
          12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
          11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
          F22a1
          60-1 td06h turbo
          Darton mid sleeves
          85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
          Crower pro billet rods
          Custom ported head.
          KMS valves
          F23 headgasket
          ARP H23 headstuds
          H23 upper intake manifold
          F22a6 lower intake manifold
          Intake manifold is gutted
          AEM EMS 1040u
          FIC 850cc injectors
          Walbro 255 pump
          H23 manual trans
          Prelude shifter assembly
          Forbidden short throw
          Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
            dont use platinum, and dont use zfr 7f11 plugs. They are designed for a lean burn engine... and have very long ground straps which is not good for turbo/nitrous engines... A good plug i ran on 2 old setups is NGK BKR-7E. They will fit fine, and have short ground straps to prevent sparkplug problems. I used them on a stock motor with 75shot wet, and also with a 14b dsm setup. If you plant to make more power another good plug is the NGK race plugs...7...8...9... i forget the # of them....All the plugs i listed are v-power NGK plugs and are cheap in cost. A good place i always used was www.sparkplugs.com . They have everything...
            Thanks for the advice!
            You're right, they are a longer electrode, and with that comes the longer ground strap. I'll swap em out as soon as my turbo is rebuilt again and i get boosting.

Comment

NGK iridiums!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Working...
              X