Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bigger FMIC or meth/water injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger FMIC or meth/water injection?

what do you guys think? I would like to hear your pros and cons on the subject. I see many people who like the meth or alchy and the results they bring them, but is it worth the price/risk? How does tuning come into play with this?

discuss...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

that depends on which fmic you're gona get. Give dimensions and type.

with an intercooler, you wont get the same amount of power as you would with a meth/water kit.

With a meth/water kit, it cools your burn A LOT more than a FMIC would. This allows more timing and the boost to be raised.

here's a nice guide on meth/alcohol injection
    http://users.frii.com/maphill/wi.html

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well, I would have to say that your FMIC looks sufficient for the setup, and anything bigger and you're likely to see more of a pressure drop, thus defeating the purpose of more cooling power.

As for Alc/Meth Inj. I give you a big thumbs up on that It's not dangerous and depending on the system you buy, you can set it up to start spraying at a certain boost, and you can tune for it from that psi up. The tuning isn't that hard, it just allows you to add a little more timing under high boost, and it helps keep temps down a bit.

If I had the choice, and my setup was already pretty efficient as yours seems to be, I would roll with the Meth Injection.

Just my $0.02
      -Kyle
      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

here are a few more links that I found in my favorites
        http://autospeed.drive.com.au/A_107970/cms/article.html
        http://www.dawesdevices.com/howto.html

Comment

thanks guys, very helpful.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq

Comment

water injection is so cool, something that carlos brought up a long time ago. i still intend to build my own kit someday down the line, once i get more involved with tuning for nitrous power. from all the research ive done, i cant see any downsides to it, besides the obvious risk of pooling and hydrolocking, but theres safeguards against that.

advanced timing, more boost, better mileage, cooler combustion temps, and constant internal cleaning. fantastic idea. if done right, it is entirely beneficial.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

very good.

Now i would like to shift the question...which is better of the 3? water, meth, alchy?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                water injection is so cool, something that carlos brought up a long time ago. i still intend to build my own kit someday down the line, once i get more involved with tuning for nitrous power. from all the research ive done, i cant see any downsides to it, besides the obvious risk of pooling and hydrolocking, but theres safeguards against that.

advanced timing, more boost, better mileage, cooler combustion temps, and constant internal cleaning. fantastic idea. if done right, it is entirely beneficial.

still waiting for u to build ur kit....
                ahahah mike.. (blue led in the cluster for water sprayer).. man.. that lil kit idea we throw together over aim was t3h shit

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  very good.

Now i would like to shift the question...which is better of the 3? water, meth, alchy?

quick answer?? (cause i gotta go to work..)

50/50mix of water/alcohol = windishield washer fluid bottle (t3h cheap)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

water with ice in there lol
                    93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                      quick answer?? (cause i gotta go to work..)

50/50mix of water/alcohol = windishield washer fluid bottle (t3h cheap)
                      yup. I'm in the works of making my own kit, not completely ghetto, just completely DIY style.

I get free windshield fluid anytime i want too

Comment

if youre going to use ww fluid, make sure its just the water and methanol. some have detergents in it. and i believe its less than 50/50, i think its like 20-30% ?

edit: i wonder how long itll take for this to catch on, once people start doing it.
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It doesnt even have much dude. I've researched it plenty, its completely safe to use the washer fluid. You just gota add a tad bit more of water.

I aslo have access to methanol and can get it for free

Comment

Id say if your lookin for more power just keep your intercooler as is and widen up your exhaust more its good up to like 380whp if your goin for like 400 and up then yeah be prepared to break your bank.

Comment

Well if I went to a party and everyone was trying to get high off water....well I'd be kinda confused

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X