Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bigger FMIC or meth/water injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordaffair
    Well if I went to a party and everyone was trying to get high off water....well I'd be kinda confused
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
      quick answer?? (cause i gotta go to work..)

50/50mix of water/alcohol = windishield washer fluid bottle (t3h cheap)
      he is right, go to nasioc.com its for subarus, but we talk about it all the time. even for i/c sprayers, which carlos and i did with the reservoir, spraying onto the tmic u can feel a difference in a 3rd gear pull. sti's are equipped with the sprayer. also i read on nasioc that people runnin the mixed injection also run 12:1 afr's. on stock internals we push 13.7 psi, they will run about 18-20 lbs. on the mix with 12:1 afr's. i think it was cpmike, had all the benefits listed, if its tuned there shouldnt be a problem, and i know with all ur setups you have that at your fingertips so i wouldnt think it would be a problem for you.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

great news....now i just have to see if the tuner i want tunes water/meth injection

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i have a question about water/meth injection.. when added to a car lets say a turbo ls/vtec (kekeke) would it lean out the mixture or richen it out. since the water/meth is cooling the chamber.. thus creating more power.. but at the same time is this raising the a/f ratio?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

technically, I guess it would lean it out, since water has o2. But just b/c something cools it doesnt mean its gona be richer, or even leaner.

temps may lower, but the mixture can become leaner.

But thats why you tune in Lambda. 1 is the magical number here.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

cooler air means denser air = should be leaner...theoritically.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

anyone ever see dyno results from a simple tuning session before and after meth/water?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

depending on efficiency i think it can be anywhere from 25-100+ whp...depending on the setup and how effectively you use the mixture because it resists detonation quite well.
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I always thought it rchened the mixture up. The meth/water not only displaces air, but also the meth. or alchy is flamable.

Thats how I always understood it, but I could be wrong.
                    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                    01-01-2019

Comment

yea i think it does read richer, but as d112 said, the best readings are on lambda.

i think im going to invest in the devil's own kit. maybe change my boost plans to 25 psi

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

i know ur going with a prefab kit, lee but u know me.. hehe.. i installed a "custom" setup on my friends civic

t3h engine:
                        Ls/vtec
                        ITR slugs (11:1)
                        t3/t4 .50ar/.63ar
                        9psi
                        ITR cams
                        Blockguard
                        arp headbolts
                        cometic hi compression headgasket

lol.. the look on all of ur faces is priceless.. (it was n/a before then he desided to just boost it as is)

anyway.. im only having one problem with my kit, i need something to keep the water thats in the line from going into the charge pipe once the kit has been turned off.. really isnt that bad of a deal i mean. shut the pump off and continue to boost for 1-2seconds and the line is cleared but i want a accurate way of clearing the line.

as for those wondering the increases of the water injection

before 50/50mix
                        -spun the shit out of 1st
                        -spun the shit out of 2nd
                        -wheel hopped in 3rd then kept moving forward

after 50/50mix (no changes to tune)
                        -banged the shit out of the limiter in 1st (7,800rpm)
                        -banged the shit out of the limiter in 2nd
                        -pegged the limiter in third
                        -finally caught halfway through 3rd gear

this is on Drag Radials btw

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                        X