Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bigger FMIC or meth/water injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    i know ur going with a prefab kit, lee but u know me.. hehe.. i installed a "custom" setup on my friends civic

t3h engine:
    Ls/vtec
    ITR slugs (11:1)
    t3/t4 .50ar/.63ar
    9psi
    ITR cams
    Blockguard
    arp headbolts
    cometic hi compression headgasket

lol.. the look on all of ur faces is priceless.. (it was n/a before then he desided to just boost it as is)

anyway.. im only having one problem with my kit, i need something to keep the water thats in the line from going into the charge pipe once the kit has been turned off.. really isnt that bad of a deal i mean. shut the pump off and continue to boost for 1-2seconds and the line is cleared but i want a accurate way of clearing the line.

as for those wondering the increases of the water injection

before 50/50mix
    -spun the shit out of 1st
    -spun the shit out of 2nd
    -wheel hopped in 3rd then kept moving forward

after 50/50mix (no changes to tune)
    -banged the shit out of the limiter in 1st (7,800rpm)
    -banged the shit out of the limiter in 2nd
    -pegged the limiter in third
    -finally caught halfway through 3rd gear

this is on Drag Radials btw

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    yea i think it does read richer, but as d112 said, the best readings are on lambda.

i think im going to invest in the devil's own kit. maybe change my boost plans to 25 psi

Leave a comment:

• bjaccord
    replied
    I always thought it rchened the mixture up. The meth/water not only displaces air, but also the meth. or alchy is flamable.

Thats how I always understood it, but I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    depending on efficiency i think it can be anywhere from 25-100+ whp...depending on the setup and how effectively you use the mixture because it resists detonation quite well.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    anyone ever see dyno results from a simple tuning session before and after meth/water?

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    cooler air means denser air = should be leaner...theoritically.

Leave a comment:

• d112crzy
    replied
    technically, I guess it would lean it out, since water has o2. But just b/c something cools it doesnt mean its gona be richer, or even leaner.

temps may lower, but the mixture can become leaner.

But thats why you tune in Lambda. 1 is the magical number here.

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    i have a question about water/meth injection.. when added to a car lets say a turbo ls/vtec (kekeke) would it lean out the mixture or richen it out. since the water/meth is cooling the chamber.. thus creating more power.. but at the same time is this raising the a/f ratio?

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    great news....now i just have to see if the tuner i want tunes water/meth injection

Leave a comment:

• bagoon316
    replied
    Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    quick answer?? (cause i gotta go to work..)

50/50mix of water/alcohol = windishield washer fluid bottle (t3h cheap)
    he is right, go to nasioc.com its for subarus, but we talk about it all the time. even for i/c sprayers, which carlos and i did with the reservoir, spraying onto the tmic u can feel a difference in a 3rd gear pull. sti's are equipped with the sprayer. also i read on nasioc that people runnin the mixed injection also run 12:1 afr's. on stock internals we push 13.7 psi, they will run about 18-20 lbs. on the mix with 12:1 afr's. i think it was cpmike, had all the benefits listed, if its tuned there shouldnt be a problem, and i know with all ur setups you have that at your fingertips so i wouldnt think it would be a problem for you.

Leave a comment:

• h22sparkle
    replied
    Originally posted by accordaffair
    Well if I went to a party and everyone was trying to get high off water....well I'd be kinda confused
    lol

Leave a comment:

• accordaffair
    replied
    Now i would like to shift the question...which is better of the 3? water, meth, alchy?
    Well if I went to a party and everyone was trying to get high off water....well I'd be kinda confused

Leave a comment:

• h22sparkle
    replied
    Id say if your lookin for more power just keep your intercooler as is and widen up your exhaust more its good up to like 380whp if your goin for like 400 and up then yeah be prepared to break your bank.

Leave a comment:

• d112crzy
    replied
    It doesnt even have much dude. I've researched it plenty, its completely safe to use the washer fluid. You just gota add a tad bit more of water.

I aslo have access to methanol and can get it for free

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    if youre going to use ww fluid, make sure its just the water and methanol. some have detergents in it. and i believe its less than 50/50, i think its like 20-30% ?

edit: i wonder how long itll take for this to catch on, once people start doing it.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-28-2007, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X