Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ecu might be bad wut u think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu might be bad wut u think

well i finished installing the turbo and i punched it and found out that the car boggs at 4k rpm. i was wondering wut u guys think it might be. keep in mind im running mrx base map.
    thanks
    chan mao
    contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

should have tried phearable

Comment

have you got it tuned for YOUR car at all?...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
        have you got it tuned for YOUR car at all?...
        no sir not yet. could it be that i removed my radiator and ac fan thats why it goes in to "limp mode" hahah limp well imma read some more on limp mode
        and get back to you guys laters
        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

you removed your radiator? did you put it back in? also, are you sure youre not talking about the a/c condenser?
          also, not having the car tuned, it probably wont run optimally and you run the risk of seriously messing up your engine, especially if youre getting on it a lot.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
            you removed your radiator? did you put it back in? also, are you sure youre not talking about the a/c condenser?
            also, not having the car tuned, it probably wont run optimally and you run the risk of seriously messing up your engine, especially if youre getting on it a lot.
            heheh no i removed the fans, the two fans to get more air flow. come on im not that dumb.hahah well
            contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
              i removed my radiator and ac fan
              i was just going off of what you said.
              regardless, get that baby tuned specific to your setup, youll have less problems im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                i was just going off of what you said.
                regardless, get that baby tuned specific to your setup, youll have less problems im sure.
                yeah my bad im a fob, grammer problems.
                contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

So you took out both radiator fans? IF your running on a basemap get your shit tuned as mentioned your just asking for trouble if you run on the basemap and flooring it everywhere.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    So you took out both radiator fans? IF your running on a basemap get your shit tuned as mentioned your just asking for trouble if you run on the basemap and flooring it everywhere.
                    heheh yeah but damn all the guys i hit up for tunning says they charge 150 an hour. fuck thats alot. wat an expensive hobby. i quit. j/k i guess imma have to go get it tuned. laters doods
                    contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

yeah, tuning will cost almost as much as piecing together the things i needed, but its a necessary expensive addition to the car. im still waiting on my clutch to get mine tuned as well.

Comment

Sounds like you forgot to figure out all the expenses before you started the project. Hope you learned a good lesson. Oh, and don't blow it up.
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

what are the codes?

If the ecu were bad, it wouldnt start or it would throw a solid cel.

does it do the same with your stock ecu?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ya...what are the codes...

also, it could be ignition break-up. DId you A) regap the plugs, or B) get colder plugs and regap them.

I first ran my turbo with stock plugs and it wouldnt rev at all cuz it would breakup/blow out the spark.,

Mark

Comment

naw its not trowing any codes. and i got zrf6f-11 ngk and no i did not gap them. wut should i gap them at? i kno they come stock at 4.4. there is no codes when i run stock either. i got the ecu on ebay from private seller.
                              contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Working...
                              X