Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wastegate and BOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wastegate and BOV

I'm looking for both. I know there are some knock-offs that are good, any recommendations for a wastegate and bov that are relatively cheap and good? Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

the ebay tial wastegate and most of the bov work fine too!
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Get a DSM BOV if you must keep it cheap.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON THE WG. Turbonetics at the very least. Hell, used brand name shit at the absolute last resort.

Don't mess with those knock off WG's. They are good at first, but notice how I said at first. On a High PSI/Power setup, most of them spike due to broken diaphrams.

Comment

It's for an h22. I was looking at those Tial ebay wg and they are nice, as for the bov I'm thinking of going with either a rfl (I know it's loud) or the Blitz

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
          Get a DSM BOV if you must keep it cheap.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON THE WG. Turbonetics at the very least. Hell, used brand name shit at the absolute last resort.

Don't mess with those knock off WG's. They are good at first, but notice how I said at first. On a High PSI/Power setup, most of them spike due to broken diaphrams.
          ^ Exactly what he said.

My friend HAD a Eagle Talon TSI..Eclipse Clone for those that don't know. And he cheaped out and got a E-bay Tial Replica. To make a long story short....he was racing a GTO and kicked it's ass......well on the U-turn back to the starting line for some more runs... all you can hear was BAM! and his engine was smoking. Popped the hood and oil was seaping from the head. Luckily the races was only 3 miles away from his house...so he put the hazzards on and limped back home. Turns out the wastegate gave out and he made it back with only 3 cylinders.

DON'T GO CHEAP! There are success stories on Honda-tech with people claiming the Tial Copies to be a good exact replica....but they aren't. I gotta admit I was praising it for awhile because of my friends purchase...but when it finally gave out.... I can finally give my now.
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

ill pm you a site later with dsm parts. btw greddy is that shit.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
            X