Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Walbro fuel pumps, 255 LPH, or 255 LPH HP (high pressure)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walbro fuel pumps, 255 LPH, or 255 LPH HP (high pressure)?

simple question, whats the difference between the walbro 255 LPH and the walbro 255 lph HP fuel pump? and which one should i get im going for 400whp+

also had a question, can i install my walbro fuel pump into my car before i put the boosted engine in? or is the car gonna run hella rich, stock injectors.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

The Walbro high output in-tank electric fuel pumps are available in flow ratings of 255 liters of fuel per hour. These particular pumps flow significantly more fuel at higher pressure. For example, at 80 PSI the standard 255 lph pump will flow around 132 liters (35 gallons) per hour. At that same 80 PSI the equivalent HP (high pressure) fuel pump will flow over 210 liters (50 gallons) per hour

hope this helps

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

Does anyone have a chart or any info as to what hp numbers correspond with your required fuel pump? I don't know what the point is where a 255lph is required over a stock fuel pump. Lots of guys running the 14b setup do it on a stock pump, others don't.

Comment

yes im also interested, im shootin for over 400whp and need to know if i need a high pressure, im not sure if gettin a high pressure will cause any problems over a standard one...?
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

When you get a high pressure fuel pump, its necessary to get a fuel pressure regulator and gauge along with it.

Comment

thanks for that piece of info!

unanswered question is, do i need a HP for my 400whp+ goal....

Comment

I'm sure you would be fine with the regular 255lph pump.

The key is to get the voltage it needs. Wire it directly to the battery with an inline relay.

I've known of STOCK pumps supporting 400whp with that simple mod.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                When you get a high pressure fuel pump, its necessary to get a fuel pressure regulator and gauge along with it.
                Not true.
                my stock regulator maintains 45psi with this pump.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  I put my 255 in on stock motor in prep for boost runs fine waste just a tiny bit of gas

Comment

Working...
                  X