Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

arite need some help foo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arite need some help foo's

arite well i got a new job so my wallet is getting a bit fatter. now i want to turbo my stock H22, yes i know this is risky but i only plan on running 5-6psi and there are some very good tuners in my area. now i currently goto school for auto but they never taught us how turbos work exactly, i know the basics, now are there any links that explain how they work and what exactly you need for a turbo kit? also what would be a good manifold and turbo for 5-6 lbs of boost. sorry these are all noob questions but i dont wanna fuck anything up...yet at least lol. thanks!
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Nope. that information is not available on this web site. sorry.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      Nope. that information is not available on this web site. sorry.

here u go: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...1.html?#t101_1...u can check out the other areas on the Honeywell site as well
      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

here u go: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...1.html?#t101_1...u can check out the other areas on the Honeywell site as well
        thanks bro now i have another question, the wastegate controls how much boost the turbo puts out, now if i got a boost controller would that hook up to the wastegate?
        new ride
        07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

hooks up in line with the wastegate and vacuum source. The boost controller can only raise boost higher then the wastegate is set at, you can't lower boost below the wastegate setting
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Go to "How Stuff Works" and I think you'll find plenty of information there. I'm planning on boosting my stock h22 as well, so I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread. Any ideas of what turbo you're going to use? Also what size injectors?

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

well i was thinking about running a t3/t4 turbo and using an external wastegate at 5-6 lbs of boost, i havent decided on injectors yet. i dont want to spend 1200 on a kit, im trying to spend at least as possible and make it effiecient and work. right now im most likely going to be buying a ebay manifold or making my own. ill keep this updated
              new ride
              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Originally posted by JDMjunkie
                well i was thinking about running a t3/t4 turbo and using an external wastegate at 5-6 lbs of boost, i havent decided on injectors yet. i dont want to spend 1200 on a kit, im trying to spend at least as possible and make it effiecient and work. right now im most likely going to be buying a ebay manifold or making my own. ill keep this updated
                Cheap
                Fast
                Reliable.

you only get to pick two.

Comment

lol i know, im trying to to put down serious numbers, maybe 220 at the wheels
                  new ride
                  07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Cheap
                    Fast
                    Reliable.

It really depends on your definition of each of those terms.
                    A well tuned DSM setup on our F22s is IMO Fast, reliable (if well tuned), and Cheap (comparitively speaking to H22's, building NA, and Nos. 200whp for $1500 all said and done is pretty damn good).

Comment

200whp is not a "Fast" car. its a quick car.

a sub 12 second car is what i consider "fast".

but your right, it depends on your definition.

Comment

Ahh, but 270whp in a 3000 lb chassis is pretty damn fast.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Cheap
                          Fast
                          Reliable.

with the right hook ups and knowledge, you can have all three.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by JDMjunkie
                            lol i know, im trying to to put down serious numbers, maybe 220 at the wheels
                            Dude you'll be putting down way more than 220bhp! With a conservative tune and 7-8 psi you'll be making at least 250 that's with the h22, which is the motor you are using correct?

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                              Dude you'll be putting down way more than 220bhp! With a conservative tune and 7-8 psi you'll be making at least 250 that's with the h22, which is the motor you are using correct?

yes sir, i dunno if i wanna boost at 7-8 with a stock H22, mebbe tho lol
                              new ride
                              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Working...
                              X