Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

MSD bad for turbo cars???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well mine works just fine runs smooth, like i said on HMT ive had it on the car for over 10,000 miles and i havent had any troubles. im gonna leave it on there. i have bigger issues i need to deal with right now. trying to figure out which turbo i want to buy, man its a pain...

oh and i ask questions about the stuff i read on that site because for one i trust the ppl on this site, and alot of the stuff on that forum is for the b series and civics, i know they are different, and the ppl on this board are way nicer than they are on there. but dont get me wrong i like that forum alot of creative ppl there.

Comment

Yeah just leave it on if you like it.
      I come here some theirs a lot of good accord specific info on here. *L* don't get me wrong their are a lot of people with fast cars on this site but it has more people worried about cosmetic stuff and I'm more of a tech guy. Thats why I'm mainly on homemadeturbo

I use the stickies here all the time though.

Comment

I talked to my tuner and he said for my goal of 400whp+ i do not need to upgrade the stock ignition system. So why spend the extra money, damn build already costing me $6000+ \=
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

I have a MSD 6a ignition box for my white NA Accord project, which I planned on using in conjunction with my MSD SS Blaster Coil on this setup. Bisi from Bisimoto Engineering suggests using the MSD box for higher rpms, however my dyno tuner says he's had to remove it from 2 different vehicle setups because they caused problems. My dyno tuner says I'll be fine running 12.4:1 compression up to 9000 rpms with the stock ignition setup and the MSD SS Blaster Coil added on.

Honestly, I'm still debating this setup. I bought my MSD 6a ignition box used in working order, but after talking with people I found you can send it in for reconditioning for $75. If I use this box, it will be reconditioned.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

im running MSD on im boosted f22 and its grate

Comment

My buddy just got his Turbo VTEC prelude back from the tuner. at 28lbs on race gas the spark just exstinguishes past 5000rpm. He is using a GT30 turbo. The best we could get was 430whp before the spark just gave up. A blaster coil didn't help either. He's waiting for the MSD 6A box to show up. That is what the tuner uses for his 830whp b18 turbo drag car. I'll be using a Blaster Coil when I'm done. I don't think I'll see enough revs for a whole box to be required.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
                My buddy just got his Turbo VTEC prelude back from the tuner. at 28lbs on race gas the spark just exstinguishes past 5000rpm. He is using a GT30 turbo. The best we could get was 430whp before the spark just gave up. A blaster coil didn't help either. He's waiting for the MSD 6A box to show up. That is what the tuner uses for his 830whp b18 turbo drag car. I'll be using a Blaster Coil when I'm done. I don't think I'll see enough revs for a whole box to be required.
                Along your lines, some say the MSD box is needed for higher revving motors as well with high compression. The higher the RPMS, the less time you have for a good powerful spark and they say it breaks up your top end.

In researching the MSD box, it seems you need to follow some installation procedures, otherwise you can get interference or other issues.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

dang i was thinkning about getting the box, i already have the ss blaster since my stock coil took a crap on me and i am not having complications with that but that does not change the set-up as much as the box does this is a very interesting thread can't wait to see a final vertix
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Alot of mixed information here. Someone to clean it up?

Comment

Working...
                    X