Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

aleks77's Motor build + turbo setup build (extremely detailed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aleks77's Motor build + turbo setup build (extremely detailed)

Update #9 - Nov 29th, 2008
    Hit the dyno, made 357whp at 19 psi. Problems with hondata boost controller, creeping and just weird issues. Gotta get AVCR and go for more.

Update #8 - July 23rd, 2008
    Fired up the motor, had a couple problems with idle and bogging, figured it all out, did valve adjustment on the 26th. As of 12pm july 26th car has 30kms on it feels strong. Will get some pictures up asap!

Update #7 - April 29th, 2008
    Engine is in, pictures on the 2nd page! Gonna start throwing on a bunch of stuff, should be running asap!

Update #6 - April 27th, 2008
    The engine is finally going into the car, this is a really slow build as i have other things happening in life, and im taking my time learing a lot, but should go faster from here since i wanna have this thing running for summer, here is the post with updated pictures:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...5&postcount=34

Update #5 - November 4th, 2007
    Shaved the engine bay, why not might as well perfect time to do it while the engine is out Here is a link to my thread about the wire tucking, fusebox tucking, shaving, etc. that im doing in the bay:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88905

Update #4 - August 9th, 2007
    The engine is out, pics and more in this post:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...3&postcount=27

Update #3 - July 25th, 2007
    The car is off the road, the engine is almost out of it, after that gonna take it down to my shop, do a bit of wire tucking and engine shaving, paint it, then back to my house and swap the new motor and tranny in, do the 5spd swap at the same time. Taking me longer then I thought it would at first, car wont see boost till early September most likely.

Update #2 - June 8th, 2007
    Ordered All my fuel lines and oil lines, oil catch can, oem throw-out bearing, all AN hardware, also ordered the half size radiator, the motor is all done and ready to be dropped in, just need to wait for the parts to come in, and also gonna paint the engine bay when the motor is out.

Update #1 - May 9th, 2007
    Got the cam, the oil pan is tapped, dropping the two parts off tommorow, engine should be ready within a week. Action clutch and Bisimoto flywheel bought, hope to have the engine + tranny in early june, boost by July, would love to enjoy the boost during summer.

Created April 22nd, 2007
    I think its time i finally posted my plans, and already bought parts, and what not. I started this project about 6 months ago, very slowly, first got me a parts car with all the 5spd conversion parts i need + a spare motor (took the block only). I decided to wait before making a thread until i had at least something done, or had enough parts to post. The engine is at the machine shop, everything is in, they are just waiting for me to bring my cam and prepped oil pan, and she is ready to be dropped in My goal is to make 400+ whp on the dyno, and do a couple runs at the track, however my goal is also a reliable (right ) daily driver which will be driven to work everyday, taken on 1000+ mile road trips, etc. I plan on running low boost when cruising around town, maybe 12psi (280ish whp), and for most time turn it up to 16 psi or so when i wanna have some fun, and ofcorse when i really feel the need for speed crank it to max psi and hope not to blow it I talked to Bisi and LoDollar (my inspiration ) and Bisi said stock sleeves even when bored out to 86mm should hold up at my goal of 400ish whp. LoDollar ran his at over 400whp for 10,000+ miles, before melting a piston (not cracking a sleeve). So I went with stock sleeves bored out to 85.5mm (0.5mm over). Here is my build in extreme detail it includes every single part, legend is as follows: bought and received | plan to buy | Ordered/shipped:

Click here for a list with part #s and prices (from Majestic honda), of every oem part i bought for a complete engine rebuild + extras

Block, head, motor:
    * Built head (f22a6 SOHC)
    --- Some Port and Polish
    --- 3 Angle Valve Job
    --- Flat Mill Decks
    --- New valve seals
    --- Crower Acura RSX Dual Valve Springs (custom fitted)
    --- Crower Acura RSX Titanium Retainers (custom fitted)
    --- Ferrea 30mm Exhaust valve, 5.46mm stem, 123.55mm OAL
    --- Ferrea 33mm Intake valve, 5.48mm stem, 112.10 OAL
    * F22 block, stock sleeves, bored to 85.5mm (0.5mm over)
    * Balanced rotating assembly
    * Delta 260 Camshaft
    * AEM TruTime Cam Gear
    * Wiseco Forged Pistons 8.8:1 CR + Rings + Pins, Custom made to work with H22 rods in my F22 block with F22 pistons
    * Eagle Forged Rods (H22 H-Beam ESP)
    * ARP Headstuds
    * ARP Main Studs
    * ACL Main and Rod bearings
    * New OEM Headgasket for F22 (works with the 85.5mm bore)
    * New OEM Waterpump and Timing Belt
    * New OEM Crank pulley, Seals, O-rings, Gaskets, Thrust washers, Hoses etc.
    * Toga High Volume Oil Pump
    * AEM High Flow Fuel Rail
    * Extrude Honed (extreme port and polish) f22a6 Intake Manifold + Bored out TB
    * Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket

Drivetrain and Misc:
    * F22 5spd tranny out of 5th gen accord
    * OBX LSD
    * Action Clutch, 2MS Dual Diaphram Clutch, 6 puck miba friction pads sprung disk
    * Bisimoto 8.9lbs Aluminum Flywheel with heat treated friction plate
    * Stock F22 axles
    * ESP Traction Bars, and torque mount
    * ESP Motor Mounts
    * Aeromotive 10 Micron Inline fuel filter
    * Fuel Hardline to AN Converter, AN fuel lines, AN fittings, AN hose ends. Complete AN hardware from hardline to Fuel rail.
    * Oil Catch Can, 10 AN Valve Cover Weld On bungs, 10 AN Lines, 2x 90 degree hose ends, 2x straight hose ends

Turbo setup:

* Garrett T31/T04B "60-1" Stage 3 Turbine (75 trim), 0.70 Comp A/R, 60 Comp Trim, 0.63 Turbine A/R, + Downpipe Flange
    * OBX Ramhorn Turbo Manifold
    * 38mm TIAL wastegate with 1bar spring + Mild Steel Flange
    * HKS SSQV Bov 2007 Redesigned
    * HKS Weld-On Flange (alluminum)
    * JRC 8" Intercooler
    * 2.5" Intercooler Piping (ebay aluminum)
    * AEM Fuel Rail
    * Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
    * GM 3 bar MAP Sensor
    * Wideband Innovative LC-1
    * Stealthmode Oil Line Kit & Oil restrictor
    * Defi BF Gauges, white, Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Boost
    * Fuel Pressure gauge on fuel rail
    * HONDATA S300 with boost solenoid
    * Walbro Fuel pump 255lph High Pressure
    * Precision 880cc Fuel Injectors
    * Mishimoto 92-00 civic Aluminum Radiator Half size
    * 12" Slim Fan

Pictures:

Click this one to englarge to full resolution:

Last edited by aleks77; 11-29-2008, 07:12 PM.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Reserved for an update
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

RSX valve springs and retainers..... why not actual CB7 springs and retainers?....... there's no point on the custom fitting

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

looks like a lot of fun, keep us posted on all the progress.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

cant wait to see it all together
          93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

oh yea 780 injectors is way to big for 8psi goin flood it out
            93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

but he's also going to be running it at 16 psi... should be alright... i guess it just depends where he gets it tuned

edit: lookin good

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

NIICE,Well planned

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Crower doesn't make Dual valve springs or titanium retainers for the F22 head. Not many companies do, i bought the head already built and that was all in there

Comment

good find on the head bro. I like what you are doing, hope you have a successful build!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ok, cool! keep us updated, looks like a great build

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                      My Ride thread
                      Flickr
                      Originally posted by d112crzy
                      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                      All I gotta really say is:
                      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yo this looks like a sick setup big ups
                        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

interesting....should be fun after the build
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Looking like a sweet build good luck with it keep us posted

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

all that looks expensive. any other motor shots? later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X