Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Muffler are you running with your boosted setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isnt open wastegate extremely loud?
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

I am going with a 2.5 in downpipe, to a gutted cat, 2.5 custom catback to a dc muffler. Turbo is going on this weekend, so I will find out how it sounds ad how loud it is.
      97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
      IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

-2.5 inch mandrel bent DP with 2 inch atmospheric dump
        -2.5 inch from turbo back
        -"High-flow" (gutted lol, GO MAINE NO EMISSIONS TESTING!) 2.5 inch cat
        -2.5 inch universal fart can

The car actually sounds very deep, not too too loud at idle or anything, but above 3.5k loud and deep as hell. I love it!
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
          isnt open wastegate extremely loud?
          with a 44mm wastegate it is...

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

My tial 35mm is fucking loud as well. I've been next to other cars running the same wastegate, and also the 38mm tials and for some reason mine has always been louder.

Keep in mind that only at full boost, so it's not that bad.
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

going to be

custom 2.5" downpipe
              vibrant 3" hi-flow cat
              custom catback
              aspec round muffler 3" inlet, 4.25" out
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

so is a tial 38mm open dumptube alright when not in boost? i heard its loud period, my car is gonna be daily driven.
                1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                  My tial 35mm is fucking loud as well. I've been next to other cars running the same wastegate, and also the 38mm tials and for some reason mine has always been louder.

Keep in mind that only at full boost, so it's not that bad.

exactly. no matter what wastegate you have, it doesnt make noise till you hit full boost.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Well Im running a ghetto homemade downpipe approx 2 inch to stock flexpipe to a ractive resonator, aka cat delete, to a vibrant 2.25 midsection to a ghetto home made 2.25-2.5 rear section finished with a bosal rolled 4" tip!

It has a few leaks very small, but it sounds quiet at idle and mid-deep at cruising, then roars when on it!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                      Well Im running a ghetto homemade downpipe approx 2 inch to stock flexpipe to a ractive resonator, aka cat delete, to a vibrant 2.25 midsection to a ghetto home made 2.25-2.5 rear section finished with a bosal rolled 4" tip!

It has a few leaks very small, but it sounds quiet at idle and mid-deep at cruising, then roars when on it!
                      You should consider opening up that exhaust to at least 2.5" all the way. Back pressure isn't a turbo's friend.
                      Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

yah, but it is easy to spool and is still very potent I have people to vouch!

WaC!

Comment

3" Downpipe w/open loop wastegate to 3" exhaust w/no resanator to 3" Apexi N1 muffler. Sounds good.
                          Carlos
                          My Members Ride Page

Comment

3" Downpipe and turbo Apexi N1 muffler!
                            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Working...
                            X