Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DSM manifold leak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM manifold leak??

anyone ever had a problem with their dsm manifold leaking at the block?? I had bought a copper exhaust manifold gasket and it had a raised lip and it seemed to be leaking to begin with. then I switched it out for the gasket that came with my aftermarket header and it still seems to be leaking. Could it be my manifold?? i kinda ported a little of the chambers out but just enough to take off some old carbon. i think i am tightening the bolts down enough. Its as tight as I can tighten it anyway. could it be that the manifold is crooked? i would think the tightneing of top and bottom bolts would even it off.

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

make sure you torque them down much like you would a head so its even pressure, also make sure all your mating surfaces are clean and free of debris.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

make sure you dont overtorque the bolts, its really easy to snap them off at the head, and theyre a bitch to replace.
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

ya i broke one out. it stripped the thread out of the block. But i put all the others on and i even bangen the wrench with a hammer to get some more leverage and it still seems to be leaking. I am going to try to get a new mani gasket n see if it helps.

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

what kind are you using, a fibre composite type, or one of the metal ones,etc?

Comment

I tried both. The only 2 other things i can think of are that the manifold is warped or that the bolt holes were drilled off and dont line up perfectly with the ports.

Comment

Don't use those crappy gaskets that come with aftermarket headers, Use the genuine Honda Metal gasket there. If you are tightening the studs down all the way and you are still having a problem then you might have indeed a warped manifold. Put a straight edge onto the manifold and check the straightness of it.

Comment

and check the stock manifold as well, who knows your head may be off...but usually thats where the gasket comes into play.

Comment

yes try the oem honda it might need to be port matched alil but it seems to be working fine for mee. but then again my head is ported so i had to port the gasket to match.
                  contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

nice nice just try to get at the ends of the manifold with a dremel so that itll fit. and get placed nicely on the head if its got all that carbon and soot on the head and on the gasket and the manifold your gonna have to get a wirebrush and some sandpaper and get busy to try and get a nice clean surface.

Comment

Working...
                    X