Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

FRM Sleeves aren't Hopeless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRM Sleeves aren't Hopeless!

After reading this I feel 10 times better about boosting my h22!

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1406865&page=1

They are on sale at importperformanceparts.net
    H22-T FTW!!!

yeah man there are threads on here about those...i am waiting to get my car done to see how mine work...i got the mahle gold series 10:1...ive heard mixed reviews...one guy told me that he has had them in his engine for 15000 miles and they work great...so hopefully they work for me and everybody else...ive heard from people that it still isnt recommended to boost about 11-12psi with the FRM sleeves...

Comment

Makes feel better too buying a H22 to boost it.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Dosent the coating wear off over time and will revert back to basically a regular piston?

Comment

Whats better than FRM ? I figure 10 Psi is all you need

Comment

H23 has FRM and bjaccord had a nice setup on his.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah the Mahles are supposedly good, they were also featured in Honda Tuning, I guess the reliability is the one thing to watch out for because I dont think there are too many people who have had them on for long enough to see if they are reliable...but yes it is much cheaper than re-sleeving, but not totally necessary when boosting an h22 below I'd say 9 psi

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

longevity is the only thing im worried about also but there is a guy on honda tech who has had them in his car for 7k mi. with no problems. There are guys claiming to run around 20psi on stock sleeves with these pistons and aftermarket rods. I know what im gonna do when my ringlands go!
                H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  Dosent the coating wear off over time and will revert back to basically a regular piston?
                  It takes a while, based on a multitude of conditions/factors. However, when the coating is gone, so is the sleeve. Resleeving FTW.

Comment

Working...
                  X