Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

first turbo..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first turbo..

how much can the h22 stock sleeves handle w/ forged internals? it will be a daily driver to a point, so could i get sleeves or not? bc the extra cost will put back building til this winter at least. i was hoping 12psi

as for the sleeve holding up i'm not sur if they will or not i know i've that many pounds on stock f22 sleeves, but its not gonna last very long for one. 2. most aftermarket pistons require you to sleeve the block. 3. your gonna need to do chnage the map sensor if you run more than 12 psi. so its up to you. What road you wanna go down. You can run stock internals and less boost, it will still pu tdown good numbers as long as you have a good tune. But one way or another it WILL BREAK<<<less of chance though if its been built to take the abuse the first time though or you end up spending more money then you would have in the first place GOOD LUCK MY MAN! hope to see your setup on here soon with whatever you decide
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

if you are dropping the money on quality forged internals, drop the money on a quality resleeving as well. it could handle small amounts of boost, but if you are going to be in there at all, change everything and do it right the first time. good luck, and may you do the right thing.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

^^^^amen to that and congrats on the accord of the month bro

Comment

well changing the question a bit. but what can a f22ax sleeves handle? i have a f22a4 i was just going to do headwork and use stock short block but this h22 was offered to me real cheap.

Comment

Stock f22 sleeves have seen 400+whp with forged pistons and rods.

The FORGED piston melted, the stock sleeves were still holding up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

what he said. I'm running 12 psi on stock internals and I've heard of people running up to 14 psi as well. the f 22 does better with boost stock due to a lower compression.

Comment

OoOOOooo the options lol

Comment

yes the f22 is better bc of lower compression but if i built a h22 it would have like 8.8 or 9:1 weiscos in it. think i should just stay w/ the f22? although the h22 seems like it would be easier to hit my goal of 300whp

Comment

if your goal is 300 whp and you are planning on an extensive engine rebuild anyways, I would save the money that the h22 would cost and put it towards fully building the f22. get a good cam, good tune, proper pistons and rods, some head work, and a good turbo and 300 whp should be no problem. straightedge was at 270 on stock internals, and im close to 250, so im sure you can hit 300 whp with on an f22. these are just my opinions however, so don't take it all to be the end of things, and i am sure others will chime in as well.

Comment

that should be pretty achievable on a stock bottom end but if you don't rebuild your going to want to pick up a better manifold, and probably a larger turbo if you want to hit that mark. And def a good tune.
                      *I know we're are just going in circles you just have to kind of set a mark of what and want and what your going to be doing with this car.
                      Like your 300whp mark is good
                      Are you planning to drive this car everyday to work/school etc.
                      How long are you trying to make it last cuz it will break its pretty much inevitable
                      Are you strickly drag racing this car?
                      Are you only going on the street or strip as well?

Comment

street car, rarely will see a track.
                        will be my "nice daily", i have a beater and a project "show" car also.
                        obviously want to overbuild it so it will last as long as possible. one reason why i questioned going turbo at all in the first place.

info on the car. 92 accord ex auto. will do a 5spd swap first. i would just get another 5spd accord but ive had this cb7 for near 5yrs and friends seem to under estimate it

Comment

yea the f22 block is alot ALOT stronger than the h22 block. sure everyones going to say it could hold 500-600hp stock. but for how long and is it reliable. ask 92ex on his 14b setup. stock motor handled over a year and a half on 8-10psi.

if your going to build a h22, build it right the first time or dont take it apart.
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                            yea the f22 block is alot ALOT stronger than the h22 block. sure everyones going to say it could hold 500-600hp stock. but for how long and is it reliable. ask 92ex on his 14b setup. stock motor handled over a year and a half on 8-10psi.

if your going to build a h22, build it right the first time or dont take it apart.
                            I've never seen anyone say that an h22 can hold that much.

And why would you compare 500hp h22 to a ~200hp f22?

That's completely fucking retarded.

Compare a 300whp h22 against a 300whp f22, both boosted.

As long as they're maintained well and quality parts are used, they can both last a long ass time.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The sleeves of an h22 are strong thats not the problem when boosting the problem are the ringlands. But since you cant run forged pistons on an h22 without damaging it, then yes you have to resleeve. A stock h22 can make 300whp, I would say it would be pushing it, but maybe with some Mahle pistons it night make it more reliable and cheaper than resleeving the block. If you're boosting and planning on running high boost then definetly upgrade the block before the valvetrain.

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X