Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Having problems with oil return line and downpipe fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems with oil return line and downpipe fitment

After replacing my manifold i went to reinstall the oil line and downpipe under the car and i had a hard time installing the oil return line with the downpipe because the oil return was in the way of the downpipe. I forced it in there and i thought it was all set but it leaks alot!! so im wondering if i can plug the bung now and make a new one over more. Right now the bung is like 4" to the left of the turbo so its not a vertical loop. if i tap it in the short part of the pan is that ok?? it would make things alot easier i believe. i have it tapped right now in the deep side right b4 it becomes short. anyone have pics they can post of of their return line and downpipe fitments because this is pissing me off. thanks alot!

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Bump... anyone???? come on i know someone knows what im talking about!!

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

Pictars!.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it should be tapped in the "short" part of the pan anyway. inline with the turbo.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

damn. i followed the pic in the install instructions. it shows it in the fat side. o well gotta drop the bitch out again. at least i know the problem now.

by the way the rims look nice eric!!

Comment

yeah dude i kno whatcha mean its rly tight i use asteel braided line and mine has been fine but its not real tight oon the downpipe tho msg me if u need help on the setup

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_22657
              yeah dude i kno whatcha mean its rly tight i use asteel braided line and mine has been fine but its not real tight oon the downpipe tho msg me if u need help on the setup
              Thanks man. i will. but as for now im workin on school shit and im done wed. so as soon as im out of school im droppin the oil pan again and retapping it closer to the turbo.

Anyone have ideas on how to cap the other bung?? its jb welded in. a rubber cap with a clamp?? anyone know the size of the pan fitting from stealthmode?? is it 5/8" b.c im gonna see if homedepot has one like it. thanks

Comment

your best bet, for no leaks, is to just get a new pan.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

this is what i did... no problems

I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

yeah, as r33 said, by maintaining a hole there you run the risk of a possible place for future oil leaks, and god forbid if something were to happen there that would cause the end piece to fall off and you lose all of your precious crude oil at 60 psi or more and at a high rpm. Granted, any rpm in which you lose your oil would suck, but you know what i mean.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

i can have it welded shut too. i dont really wanna go out and buy a new one.

liquid you went around the downpipe?? i was going to try that but i cut the oil line a bit too short for that. im gonna weight my options i guess

weld up the pan i have and drill another hole...get a new pan... or get a longer ss braided line. and see if it fits. (i have to jack up the car again and see if it would help).

Comment

yeah went around it, but its a smooth transition... and the bitchin thing is that its alllllll good.

and best of all it works
                        I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

ya maybe i can get some longer hose from the local speed shop and see if that will work. Hopefully it can work because it would be ALOT easier then dropping that damn pan again!!!

Comment

and im all about easy

Comment

where did you drill the hole in yours?? i drilled mine in the deep part just before it transitions to the shallow end.

Comment

Working...
                              X