Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 balancer shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 balancer shaft

when building a h22 motor(500hp), is it neccessary to remove the balancer shaft?
    if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

No its not neccessary, Its just to free up some extra power and give you the extra oil pressure if you are keeping the stock oil pump.

Comment

Can someone post a picture of what the balance shaft looks like and how I can replace it.
      CB7
      Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
      Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
      Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

Originally posted by areem57
        Can someone post a picture of what the balance shaft looks like and how I can replace it.

You cant just replace them. You need to get the kaizen speed balance shaft eliminator kit. Its just a bunch of plates and other plugs that you need to use to plug up all the holes left when you take out the balance shaft.

The balance shafts are long shafts that run parallel to the crankshaft and controls the engine vibration by spinning the opposite way to counter act the engine vibration.

Comment

Oooo I think I know what they are they go all the way to the flywheel right? And theres two of them inside the block?
          CB7
          Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers

Comment

Originally posted by areem57
            Oooo I think I know what they are they go all the way to the flywheel right? And theres two of them inside the block?
            Yes, IF you can take them out while the engine is in the car then you have some wonder skills...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              Yes, IF you can take them out while the engine is in the car then you have some wonder skills...lol.

No faith?
              CB7

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                What he says. Its possible to do it in car you just need to tilt the motor like a mofo. So in other words its a lot easier pulling it out with the motor out. HOnda-tech has a writeup using teh Kaizen kit. The balancer shaft is a pretty long piece. Plus the engine will only tilt so far in the engine bay.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

but if i leave it in, will it cause any damage to my motor because of the 400+ hp?
                  if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

on my old motor i just took the balancer shaft belt off... rode it for a long time like that...
                    on my current motor i used a kazzenspeed elim kit. FIY the crank girdle must come off to tap/plug a hole and put in a few other plugs... My only complaint about it is that i make a lot of oil pressure. When its hot at idle i make 40psi and when i cruise its about 80psi and when getting on the gas it can go above 100psi... I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but its ok...
                    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                    F22a1
                    60-1 td06h turbo
                    Darton mid sleeves
                    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                    Crower pro billet rods
                    Custom ported head.
                    KMS valves
                    F23 headgasket
                    ARP H23 headstuds
                    H23 upper intake manifold
                    F22a6 lower intake manifold
                    Intake manifold is gutted
                    AEM EMS 1040u
                    FIC 850cc injectors
                    Walbro 255 pump
                    H23 manual trans
                    Prelude shifter assembly
                    Forbidden short throw
                    Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
                      on my old motor i just took the balancer shaft belt off... rode it for a long time like that...
                      on my current motor i used a kazzenspeed elim kit. FIY the crank girdle must come off to tap/plug a hole and put in a few other plugs... My only complaint about it is that i make a lot of oil pressure. When its hot at idle i make 40psi and when i cruise its about 80psi and when getting on the gas it can go above 100psi... I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but its ok...
                      What will suck is if you have a high volume oil pump plud the kaisen speed kit. Talk about ridiculous oil pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X