Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo project almost done. NEED HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo project almost done. NEED HELP!

Hey guys a few of you have seen my build up a few havent... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75260

I recently just finished most of the stuff up. Im just runnin open DP now.. So the car starts up and idles fine... I have no codes and a have 15psi ready for boost.. when i give it gas it pretty much feels like a regular f22 and i just hit 0psi.... Now i have the HKS ssqv but i dont think its opening... I have all vac lines hooked up right.. Here is a little vid... At the end i thought was compressor surge a few others have said its just turbo spool down.. Anyone have any ideas?

My turbo CB7 short vid.....

EDIT: Link Fixed. Thanks D112crzy
    Last edited by Easycustoms; 05-17-2007, 03:06 AM.

Elite Concepts

You put the wrong link to the vid.

Also, make sure your waste gate isnt stuck open. Check for leaks anywhere. Make sure you're running the correct ecu with the appropriate map.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah, thats spooldown.

x2 on leaks.... my money is on leaky charge pipes. if your wastegate is functioning, then youre just losing boost between the turbo and throttle body. check your couplers. plus that was a pretty short run to expect to build any boost.
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

it sounds like either your wastegate is opening and staying open or a leak in one of your charge pipes, as said before. check all the couplers and make sure that there isnt a leak in the system somewhere. I had this problem twice and once it was because the wastegate was just stuck open(check the arm that connects to it) and the second time was because one of the couplers had blown off under high boost and crappy clamping on my part.
        Last edited by AccordWarrior; 05-17-2007, 03:04 PM.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

are you actually moving? from your description it sounds like you are sitting in your driveway trying to make boost....its not going to happen.

EDIT: i cant see this video from work, so disregard this if i sound like an idiot.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Okay so i checked all my charge pipes they seem fine. I dont think my BOV is working at all. I took off the cap off my ssqv and reved the engine then when i let off the butterfly i pushed in the center piece and a woosh of air came out like it should. As for the wastegate i dont think its moving. I can open and close it by hand with pliers on the wate gate acuator but it doesnt do anything by itself.

Elite Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Easycustoms
              Okay so i checked all my charge pipes they seem fine. I dont think my BOV is working at all. I took off the cap off my ssqv and reved the engine then when i let off the butterfly i pushed in the center piece and a woosh of air came out like it should. As for the wastegate i dont think its moving. I can open and close it by hand with pliers on the wate gate acuator but it doesnt do anything by itself.

wheres the vac line on your BOV routed to?
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

Tee'd to The FPR (fuel pressure regulator) And the wastegate is to the extra nipple on the throttle body. I tried havin the BOV Tee'd to the same as the wategate and did nothing also..

Elite Concepts

Comment

the bov shouldnt be going off when you not moving anyways. but yeah, it sounds like it has to be that there is a problem with your charge pipes, or perhaps you have a leaky intercooler. was it new when you got it? mine had a couple of small holes in it that had to be patched up before we could use it.

Comment

Intercooler,charge pipes, BOV and all couplers were new... Im going to pull the bumper off in a little to double check visually. but when i stuck my hand and checked those 2 couplers on either side they felt fine. Tommorow im going to weld up the DP and throw on a muffler. Once i do that im gonna throw a set of plates on and take it around town and get to check things out. So far i have only done a few blocks cuz i dont have a plate on.

Elite Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Easycustoms
                      Tee'd to The FPR (fuel pressure regulator) And the wastegate is to the extra nipple on the throttle body. I tried havin the BOV Tee'd to the same as the wategate and did nothing also..
                      Wrong! do not t off the fpr. Find a nipple on the back of the intake manifold and t off that. You should keep a dedicated line for the fpr so there is no pressure/vacuum drop and you don't starve the engine of fuel. Double check your bov and your wastegate. Make sure your not using a line that is giving off pressure opposed to vacuum when under load.
                      Carlos
                      My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
                        Wrong! do not t off the fpr. Find a nipple on the back of the intake manifold and t off that. You should keep a dedicated line for the fpr so there is no pressure/vacuum drop and you don't starve the engine of fuel. Double check your bov and your wastegate. Make sure your not using a line that is giving off pressure opposed to vacuum when under load.
                        Really? I pretty much went right along with accordr33's install.. http://home.comcast.net/~ndd3d/TurboInstall.pdf I will try and find another vac source. My buddy is gonna let me borrow his BOV so i can test it.

Elite Concepts

Comment

I never had a problem teeing off the FPR...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

my boost guage is teed off of the fpr. my bov and wastegate are off the nipple on the front of the tb on the h23 im/tb. perhaps this helps.

Comment

OKay so i tinker'd a little and quadrouple checked my charge pipes... I found the culprit... It was just one pipe that LOOKED like it was on but it just popped off.. Im thinking of roughing up the metal a little so it can get a better grip. Or just weld a bead around the edge.. Pulls REAL good BOV and Wastegate work everything is good. After i give it some gas it idles kinda funny (goes up and down)then evens out after 40 sec's...Im gonna finish the exhaust and catch can once it stops raining here. Thank you everyone that tried to help i appreciate it BIG TIME! Should have some more pics and vids soon!

Elite Concepts

Comment

Working...
                              X