Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

14b on H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14b on H22?

i need some advice, right now i can get my hands on a 14b for free. it has no shaft play. i plan on running 6-7lbs on the H22, think the 14b could handle it? also since its internally gated could i use a manual boost controller to turn it down to 6lbs?
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

not recommended AT ALL...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

sell it.

You'll might as well put a heat gun in your intake.

It can be optimal if you're looking for a small bump in power and only plan to rev to 6k.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Why put something on your h22a thats as big as your genitals literally. Buy something bigger.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

okay what about a 16g?
          new ride
          07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Whats with the DSM turbos? Why dont you just get a t3/t4. Popular choice and you have the option of turning up boost if you want mroe hp. Anyway to your wastegate question you cant use a boost controller and turn it lower than the spring rating. For example spring opens up at 8psi you cant turn it to wear it will open at 6 psi. With the t3/t4 you have mor manifold choices.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Whats with the DSM turbos? Why dont you just get a t3/t4. Popular choice and you have the option of turning up boost if you want mroe hp. Anyway to your wastegate question you cant use a boost controller and turn it lower than the spring rating. For example spring opens up at 8psi you cant turn it to wear it will open at 6 psi. With the t3/t4 you have mor manifold choices.
              just because i know their cheap unless you know of where i can find a t3/t4 for under 200. right now i have a shit load of work on this new accord i got and im looking to keep the prices low
              new ride
              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Dont cheap out going turbo thats all I am going to say. Yes there are cheap parts but f22a is cheap to replace. You have an h22a...Think of messing that up and having to replace it. I can tell you one thing its not cheap.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

At minimum use a T3/t4 size. Those mitsu turbos are too small for the h22 motor. Poor thing is going to over spin. Sometimes being cheap isn't the best idea.
                  Carlos
                  My Members Ride Page

Comment

ya man dont cheap out a h22 is to nice to blow up but i may be able to get ya a small t4 like i have pics can be seen at www.fourgasmmotorsports.com for like 75 bucks if interested pm me back
                    visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                    For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

yah a 14b on the H will produce soo much heat it won't be funny.... You can make the DSM turbo to external waste by welding the flange of the internal gate and cut out an opening on the custom manifold and I can go into more detail but you can figure that out for yourself good luck they sell t3/t4 for 200-300 on ebay...
                      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

well i just found a te05-12b from a saab at the junkyard. now is this bigger than the 14b or smaller? i just read that they are good up to 250hp. is there a site i can find out more info on the turbo?
                        new ride
                        07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Stock turbos from old four bangers will not satisfy an h22.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

not even on like 6psi?
                            new ride
                            07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

No, I mean itll be nearly impossible to find one that doesnt run out of breath up top.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X