Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbonetics turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you not comfortable piecing together your own turbo, then I'd buy a turbo kit. I know I wouldn't be comfortable piecing together a turbo, I'd buy a kit if I had the money. I would feel better having a kit where everything comes ready to bolt on, then I wouldn't have to worry about missing anything. If you get the kit I'm sure you'd still have to piece it all together, you'd just have all the pieces there. And putting it together yourself you'd still learn where stuff goes.

It says up to 100 hp added to stock motor, I think that's pretty good! Plus if you do work to the internals, it would be pretty solid.

Plus you've got a 1 year warranty with the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87
      If you not comfortable piecing together your own turbo, then I'd buy a turbo kit. I know I wouldn't be comfortable piecing together a turbo, I'd buy a kit if I had the money. I would feel better having a kit where everything comes ready to bolt on, then I wouldn't have to worry about missing anything. If you get the kit I'm sure you'd still have to piece it all together, you'd just have all the pieces there. And putting it together yourself you'd still learn where stuff goes.

It says up to 100 hp added to stock motor, I think that's pretty good! Plus if you do work to the internals, it would be pretty solid.

Plus you've got a 1 year warranty with the kit.
      you are verry corect..

the idea of not having to worry really puts you at ease working on your car, especially when it's the only car u have...

i think you would be happy with the kit, and if you can afford it then go for it..
      alot of us piece our kits together because we are poor..

not a bad thing,, nore a good thing,, just convient thing.

the kit you have posted seems to be a pretty good kit,, and the warenty will make you feel even better.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        Why? Especially on the cam gears. There are no aftermarket cams, there's absolutely no reason to have cam gears.
        ohh really? plus you could adjust them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...em230148002904
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

The only thing that cam gears can do with stock cams is move the power band, not give more power. once again, pointless.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The only thing that cam gears can do with stock cams is move the power band, not give more power. once again, pointless.
            have you ever been on a dyno or to a dyno shop?

if so you will realize on a stock car you can gain up to 3 hp from adjusting your cams..

on a fully mild modified application they can help up to around 8-9 hp

and a fully modified motor up to at most i have ever seen 14hp

i am thinking you have mssread about the design of what these actually do.
            your basically going to either be advancing the timing or retarding it.

to advance you will be causing the combustion to happen sooner than normal creating a stroonger force in the chamber creating more power... most people with turbo's depending on application retard the timing, this allows more air to fill the low comp. chamber and help with irratic idle, les likely to detonate with the correct fuel and compressiopn ratio
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

ha!

Please don't try to tell me anything about tuning.

Unless you are fully built(or even just have aftermarket cams), it is utterly pointless to spend any money on a damn dyno tuning stock cams and only get 3hp. Even with a mild cam, most power is made at 0,0. aka stock cam timing.

I know how they work. I know you can extract power from a stock car. Fuck, I've spent hours and hours extracting power from a completely stock f22a1 by ecu tuning alone.

The results are not worth it, especially when you're paying someone else to do it.

Don't try and tell me what cam gears or anything does, I'm a tuner. I know what things can do, I just don't waste my time or money on pointless shit.

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                have you ever been on a dyno or to a dyno shop?

if so you will realize on a stock car you can gain up to 3 hp from adjusting your cams..

on a fully mild modified application they can help up to around 8-9 hp

and a fully modified motor up to at most i have ever seen 14hp

i am thinking you have mssread about the design of what these actually do.
                your basically going to either be advancing the timing or retarding it.

to advance you will be causing the combustion to happen sooner than normal creating a stroonger force in the chamber creating more power... most people with turbo's depending on application retard the timing, this allows more air to fill the low comp. chamber and help with irratic idle, les likely to detonate with the correct fuel and compressiopn ratio

here we go again....
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

ha!

Please don't try to tell me anything about tuning.

Unless you are fully built(or even just have aftermarket cams), it is utterly pointless to spend any money on a damn dyno tuning stock cams and only get 3hp. Even with a mild cam, most power is made at 0,0. aka stock cam timing.

I know how they work. I know you can extract power from a stock car. Fuck, I've spent hours and hours extracting power from a completely stock f22a1 by ecu tuning alone.

The results are not worth it, especially when you're paying someone else to do it.

Don't try and tell me what cam gears or anything does, I'm a tuner. I know what things can do, I just don't waste my time or money on pointless shit.

x2 with D112CRZY im a tuner as well but not as widely know as the ALLMIGHTY D112CRZY
                  and he is correct it moves your power band from mid to high or low to mid whatever. I dynoed over and over again and same results and shiet on AEM cam gears only difference is that my power band moved. It would make a difference on built motors as valve train and all that mumbo jumbo shit but if your out there to just get cam gears on your stock motor your pretty much wasting money....

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

hmmmm...

because you have to pay to use a dyno and agravating hours trying to tune.....

this does not mean that i have to pay to use the dyno jet or pay my friends to help teach me and let them do most the tuning.... just because you might only get 2 pulls... don't assume that's all i get... we freakin stay up all night if nessecarry sometimes..

also what softwear are you using?
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I use crome pro.

Comment

x2 i use crome pro and uberdata both work great but crome has more support then ever and uberdata is no longer getting updated GO JOHN CUI lol

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

thats what i use as well as tune those who already have hondata
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                            thats what i use as well as tune those who already have hondata

IMO hondata is trash get Emanage or AEM. I don't think hondata would allow you to change settings through each cylinder like Crome, greddy and AEM does. but then again I used hondata once and My H didn't like it even though it was at a 13.0.-13.3 afr on a conserative tune.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

mine has crome and i plan on getting the aem complete kit,, i agree with you though completely
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X