Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22b1 build: 86.5mm F23 pistons OR F22 87.5mm pistons? Need help from gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b1 build: 86.5mm F23 pistons OR F22 87.5mm pistons? Need help from gurus

Im buildin a F22b1, block is sleeved, currently bored to 86mm but i need new pistons. The motor will be pushing a GT3076R, keep that in mind for the displacement purposes. Spinning the motor to about 6800...Heres a pic

Now the problem:

F23 86.mm pistons: http://www.raceeng.com/pc-7927-55-ho...a865mm851.aspx

(1) Are these F23 pistons different than F22s dishwise? I notice that the stock f23 pistons yeild a 9.3:1 CR in the f23 motor, but what would those pistons yeild in a f22 motor? Would it be the stock 8.8:1? (In other words, is the CR difference only because of the head design etc?)

(2) The CP F23 pistons are for 8.5:1 CR in a F23. What would that yeld in a F22b1 motor?

F22 87.5mm pistons: http://www.atomicspeedware.com/arias...ndapistons.htm
    (1) Will 87.5mm's leave me with too little of a sleeve? I want to run 22psi on this GT30R.

(2) These pistons are made to yeild 8.8:a CR, which is a tad high for my liking, since i dont know if the block and head have been decked/resurfaced before...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Im keeping my head at the stock 85mm and im looking for 450whp 400wtq+ and my turbo seems to be efficient at 22psi...

HELP ME GURUS :thumbup:

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

F23 also has a slightly longer stroke which somewhat plays with the c/r a bit. Looks like you will have enough sleeve with the 87.5mm. Just measure the diameter of what you got now and see how much more you need to go. But to me looks like you got enough sleeve.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

kool, so do you think that if i got the f23 pistons, my comp ratio would be LOWER than 8.5:1 (since they are rated @ 8.5:1 for a f23 motor)?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq

Comment

Yea should be slightly lower since 2mm stroke difference. Bore is slightly enlarged though. Bore is increased 1.5MM from the stock b1. I tried using cisco calculator but dont have all the info like new piston cc and all that great stuff.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i tried using the calc, but its actin up on me

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq

Comment

You gota calculate compression height into the equation, which cisco's calculator doesn't support.

atomicspeedware.com. call them, tell them you want custom pistons.

stock compression height for f22, give them your desired compression ratio, give them your desired bore, give them your credit card number and then give it to me. the end.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
            X