Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my F22 turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my F22 turbo project

I know guys like Wiked, bustedLX, midnite and some others have already seen this on hmt, but here it is for the rest of you.

***I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SAY THAT I KNOW THE INSTALL EXTREEMLY MESSY BUT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CLEANING EVERYTHING AND MAKING IT LOOK NICE NOW. PLEASE EXCUSE THE MESS. THANKS.***

well i am now officially boosting 8psi on a stock F22. here are some pics and some brief explinations to go along with it.

ill start with the parts:

stock DSM manifold with redrilled mounting holes to fit the F22

DSM 450cc injectors

TDO5h (14b) turbo. no shaft play, great condition.

Oil feed/drain kit from stealthmodeperformance.com

Mitsu. Starion Front mount Intercooler (works amazingly well)
    Last edited by Accord R33; 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

The first thing i did was drain the oil out of the engine completely. after as much of the oil was out of the engine as possible..i removed the oil pan to prep for the oil return line. i drilled a 5/8" hole, threaded the fitting into the pan and JB welded the shit out of both sides. we put it aside to set overnight while we did the rest of the setup.

Next i took off the stock downpipe and exhaust headers. i also cut the exhaust right before the o2 sensor (EX location on the flex pipe)

Its pretty nasty under there. but we cleaned it up and replaced the gasket
    Last edited by Accord R33; 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM.

Comment

next we did a turbo test fit. we bolted the turbo to the manifold and put the manifold up to the head. It turns out that you need to loose the front motor mount (which is known) however, you also have to grind away at the motor mount mounting holes because the turbo will not fit. We did this with a dye grinder and it finally fit really nicely.
      This is my buddy jeff pointing to his block grinding fury.

And all mounted up

When everything finally fit nicely it was time to move on. I started on the charge piping. this was probably the most frustrating part of the whole setup and it still didnt come out like I wanted. I had a very limited selection of mandrel bends so i had to cut a lot of them and use a LOT of connectors (which are not cheap) anyway i finaly got it all done. i hope to eventually get this all redone and looking much nicer, but for now it works

Last edited by Accord R33; 08-11-2004, 03:05 PM.

Comment

i ended up using my buddies stock 1g DSM BOV for now because mine had not arrived in the mail yet. ill have pics of my new one tommorow.

the last thing we did on the first day was the injectors. the DSM 450s work great in our cars. we are low impedinance peak and hold just like them so there is no resistor box needed. the only mod you have to do is drill out the center of the O rings a little to get it to fit. no big deal. a dremel works great
        I dont have a good pic of these but here they are anyway...

The next day-----------

the next day first on the list was the oil lines. The oil return was nice and cured and was sturdy as hell. JB weld works wonders. we put the pan back on and i connected the oil return line to the turbo and then to the pan (I need to cut a few inches of the oil return line to get the big curve out of it.)

the oil feed was kinda a pain in the ass. its not an easy location to work but i took my time and finally got it all connected. I used the "tunertoys" fitting that came with my oil kit to T off the oil pressure sensor.

Now that all the hardware was installed (minus the downpipe) i started to wire up the peice of shit SMC i have to use for the next week (until my ECU chipping stuff arrives) it works just like an AFC its just not as pretty

Last edited by Accord R33; 08-11-2004, 03:06 PM.

Comment

once i got it running (which was a pain in the ass because it kept dieing on me) i brought it to my budd jeff's dad's midas and had the downpipe made off the stock DSM o2 housing.. his dad is the most awesome guy ever and made me my DP. thanks dad!

These have been installed for months, but here is a pic of my guages

some more overall shots

Last edited by Accord R33; 08-11-2004, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I want to send a special thanks to all the people who helped me with the project:

Valerie - the most amazing person on the planet who was always there for me when i needed her. she took out the oil pan, but it back in, went to the store for everylittle thing, spent just about as much as i did lol. and best of all didnt complain about it one bit. i love you hun and thanks for everything.

My best friend Jeff - For helping me out with everything and more so for letting me use his space, time, and tools. this would have not been possilble without him.
            this is the only pic i got of him...lol. yes thats me strataling him.

JEffs dad - for being awesome and letting me use his garage and for making my DP for nothing. hes the best.

and last but not least a really wierd pic of me..

the next step is to clean the shit out of EVERYTHING. the install came out really "dirty" if you will. so ill be cleaning and cleaning until its up to my standards. but at least its in, thats all i can say

EDIT*****************************

new updates...new intercooler, painted engine bay and new BOV!! now with chipped p05 ecu.

Last edited by Accord R33; 01-22-2005, 03:52 PM.

Comment

WOW!! Very nice..there is no kit for this setup? No way to get a downpipe off of a turbo? Weird..about how much did this all cost ya? What are you gonna do to keep the motor runnin strong? chippin the ecu? Also, what happens to the upper motor mount..is the motor still well supported witout it? That's too cool, yo ueven got the gf involved. If it's any dream of mine, its a girl who likes cars, likes to work on them, and just loves it...ya might wanna tell her she's got sumthin on her shirt in the second pic though..

-keep us posted..I want a sound file..PLEASE!! Also, take it to a dyno, and let us know how 8 psi works..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137
              Black Doubt Crew member #2
              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Good shit. I bet shifting and wheel hop will be a bitch without that torque mount. Now go get it tuned and make some videos.

Comment

Damnit. That innercooler needs to FILL that space.

Comment

nah i really dont think so.. as long as he uses an insert on the rear mount.. he should be fine.. bleh but he is turbo happy.. popping charge pipes off already

once he gets the chips and shit hell start running basemaps that various of us have come up with..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

WoOoOoOT! i'm right behind you R33...gaining fast and closing in . Best of luck and don't blow that block b4 u get the engine management setup...but do tell us stories of your turbo adventures
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

lol thanks guys.

the 2" drop seems to take care of wheel hop compltely, i dont have any.

i cant wait to see your setup done midnite, even though its puts mine to shame.

Comment

hey your boosted.. so regardless. feel special.. some of us arnt even there yet.. 8psi on a f22a is powerful.. vtec stomping powerful.. jk jk.. we dont need any accludes coming in here and flaming lmao

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

true that. i already let loose in the "ricer" thread...i dont need all the H22 guys on my ass too.

P.S. anyone who thinks my car is rice because it has a kit and paint...can suck on my charge pipes

Comment

AHAHHAH. now ur happy u can say that..

Suck on my front mount..
                              or..

suck on my compressor inlet

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X