Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

bought the turbo today. got a question though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought the turbo today. got a question though

i got a 91 ex f22a4 and i been reading as much as i can and i can find the limit for stock internals and stock block. people say around 300ish before i want to go forged. my questions is with forged internals what kind limit am i looking at? i read someone say about 400 with stock sleeves. up until then i thought only h22's had to be sleeved. so anyone know how far i can push this block with forged internals?

reason being i was thinking of a big16g so i was trying to get a setup toghther but a friend of mine was selling a gt30 for cheap.

one thing lead to another and i said fuck it and bought the turbo today (he will be dropping it off at my house either tonight or tomorrow) he told me the specs over the phone and sorry if its a bit off but he talks to damn fast ahah

precision GT3076RLE dual ball bearing turbo
    water cooled
    63turbine
    52 trim
    63 ar
    t3flange

and thats all i got for now.tried to look up the specs online but this is all i could find.my friend is going to be tuning it with crome and i was going to use a starion intercooler for now but i think it may be to small. what kinda injectors do you guys recommend? what size wastegate?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob..._700382_12.htm

i aint looking for 500 horsepower but i was looking for about 375whp for day to day driving but once in a while i wanted to crank it up for all the god damn ls/v turbo'd integras around here ahah maybe about 435ish.

i know everyone says read you asshole! but hey i work 6 days a week 12+hr shifts so i don't have as much reading time as i would like.

any help would be appreciated. and please try to keep the flaming to a minimum dammit

i already spoke with that guy california jay about a manifold also i called racing addiction or addict racing i forget but he said i would have to ship him the turbo first.

i also got a f22b sohcv head lying around. anyone think that head would be easier to find a manifold for?

anyways any help is appreciated and sorry for the damn story
    Last edited by vanillagorilla; 08-16-2007, 06:41 PM.

vanillagorilla A.k.A glock22
    Then one day I meet a man,
    He came to me and said,
    "Hard work good and hard work fine,
    but first take care of head"

damn anybody?

He came to me and said,

Comment

i would stick with f22a h23 f22b dohc, its easier to find manifolds for them. alot of shops make h23 turbo mani's but they want too much for my wallet but if you can afford it go for it.....and why are you sending out your turbo for? for a turbo mani? haha
      how much u got that turbo for?

Comment

i would stick with f22a h23 f22b dohc, its easier to find manifolds for them.
        DONT FORGET the F20A s/d ohc guys
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
          i would stick with f22a h23 f22b dohc, its easier to find manifolds for them. alot of shops make h23 turbo mani's but they want too much for my wallet but if you can afford it go for it.....and why are you sending out your turbo for? for a turbo mani? haha
          how much u got that turbo for?

well i am stuck between the f22a4 head or the f22b shocv. i will give it a week or two and see how everything plays out.

he wanted me to send him the turbo so he could put it on a turbo car and do a mock up cause i was asking if i would be able to keep my a/c

and as for the turbo got it for 650 bucks. brand new. me and him go way back

thanks for the replies guys
          Last edited by vanillagorilla; 08-16-2007, 09:43 PM. Reason: forgot to say thanks

He came to me and said,

Comment

f22b as in f22b1/2 or jdm f22b,

if u have the b1/2 then junk that head, even though its turbo'd, u will have a hard time getting 500whp, even port-work will put u slightly better than an f22a STOCK.
            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
              f22b as in f22b1/2 or jdm f22b,

if u have the b1/2 then junk that head, even though its turbo'd, u will have a hard time getting 500whp, even port-work will put u slightly better than an f22a STOCK.

sorry it's a f22b1. well i guess it's gonna get shitcanned then ahaha anyone need a f22b1 head?. i aint looking for 500. i wanna be about 425 ish so i can hang with those turbo ls/v guys. i was looking at that turbo xs dual stage boost controller. 375 for cruising around then when i need to drop the hammer... high boost 425ish. plus i figure those are reasonable realistic hp goals.

my friend who is tunning my car said he will make me one if i buy him a bandsaw for trade. ahah but tht guy is crazy busy so who knows when it will get done

He came to me and said,

Comment

Working...
              X