Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo oil return line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo oil return line?

I was just wondering if it would be alright to use heater hose for the oil return line?

turbo wagon sleeper

Originally posted by ebrakespin
    I was just wondering if it would be alright to use heater hose for the oil return line?
    i wouldn't.
    "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

Originally posted by ebrakespin
      NO! Please dont use heater hose. Its made for water not oil.

Comment

Sure you can if you want a mess in your engine bay and all over the road cuz it will pop in a few seconds after you run the car!
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

you need oil lines for oil. period.

heater hose, and even fuel line hosing wont hold up to the oil, it'll eat it over time.
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

where can I get oil line, it seems like I have looked everywhere and cant find anything. 3/4 ID

turbo wagon sleeper

Comment

i believe i used power steering hose... simply because it's rated for similar base petroleums... just go to the any knowledgeable auto store and ask them for petroleum resistant line
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

I have tried all local auto stores with no luck. I asked about power steering line and the biggest they had was 3/8". I have probably asked about twenty people and no one knows. Even EBAY let me down. what is everyone else using, and where did you get your oil lines?

turbo wagon sleeper

Comment

McMaster-Carr has braided line

or go to http://stealthmodeperformance.com/oil.shtml and find what you need
                  1993 Prelude S
                  F22A1
                  custom'ish turbo setup
                  180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                  18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                  currently being rebuilt

Comment

i got EARLS line, its custom made to my liking. i would check summitracing.com for more info. let me find a pic of mine so u can get a idea

Comment

I've been using a power steering line for over 2 years now with no problems at all.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                        i got EARLS line, its custom made to my liking. i would check summitracing.com for more info. let me find a pic of mine so u can get a idea
                        X2. Use the real stuff.

Comment

When I first got my kit running I went to a truck stop and asked a mechanic for some oil drain line and he had all kinds of stuff laying around. Got a 8" long section of hose for free and it worked for 4 years. Currently I'm running braided but the rubber hose worked just fine, and was much cheaper
                          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                          01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                          X