Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo i.d. help? (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo i.d. help? (pics)

i have close to no knowledge on turbos, im starting reading up and going to get hands on experience with it though. my friends dad gave me an old turbo he was trying to get rid of..basically for no reason. i know some things on it need repaired and rebuilt..but i have no idea what the terminology is.

i believe he said it came from a Nissan 280, but im not positive. any help telling me what kind of turbo it is, and if its worth rebuilding and putting towards a cb7? info is greatly appreciated

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

the turbo i think is t3 60 trim or the smaller onet3 48trim, if its the 60 trim you got lucky.

Comment

You sure it's not from a 300z?

Looks like a .60/.63 t3 from the 84-88 Nissan 300z's.

Is there any casting marks besides the one you posted?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        You sure it's not from a 300z?

Looks like a .60/.63 t3 from the 84-88 Nissan 300z's.

Is there any casting marks besides the one you posted?

it could be, im not sure at all.. his dad is a nissan junkie and theyre working on the 280, so it couldve been from a 300

i got the cb tore apart in the driveway right now, but as soon as i have time ill take a closer look at the turbo

Comment

it says 0.6?? in this pic, what does that refer to?

Comment

It's .63. That's the a/r of the turbine.

Comment

280 Z = 2.8 Liters . F22 = 2.2L If IT IS from a 280z then the turbo is should be big enough for the motor make sure that it is from the 280z. Either it looks like a T3 so...

Comment

checked it over for markings and only have what you guys know about

a 6 next to nissan

and then the .63.

im gonna try and get in touch with the guy i got this from to find out where he got it

Comment

Look on the inside of the compressor outlet and on the compressor intake.

But it is looking like it's a .60/.63

Very good turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    Look on the inside of the compressor outlet and on the compressor intake.

But it is looking like it's a .60/.63

Very good turbo.

nope..nothing else at all.

Comment

From that pic, it looks like the blades are pretty torn up. May want to consider new a new turbine. But all in all a 60 trim .63 A/R from a Z should make decent power on an F22.

-Kyle
                      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

is this turbo what people refoer to it as super T3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702

From that pic, it looks like the blades are pretty torn up. May want to consider new a new turbine. But all in all a 60 trim .63 A/R from a Z should make decent power on an F22.

-Kyle
                          HOLY SHIT! I didn't even see that. Good catch.

That turbo is pretty much junk.

Plus, it would be better if you got a new compressor anyways.

Comment

gyea i still think its t3 60trim from a 280z but yea that turbo is junked

Comment

lol thats what i was focusing on in that picture.. oh well.. i cant complain lol.. it was free afterall.

Comment

Working...
                              X