Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

First turbo build, need guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigblue
    I see, so lets say I keep the H crank in it; an then on a diff turbo, what would you suggest, a 35?
    the GT35 is still a big turbo, How much power are you looking to make?
    And are you dead set on getting a GT ball bearing turbo or are your options open with sleeve bearing turbo's? Look into the GT30 series there are a couple of different variants of them that can suit you.

Comment

I'm wanting to hit the 450hp mark. The areas I cruise at are mainly the outerbelt and highway areas so I'm not expecting a quarter mile car. As for turbo's I'm willing to try anything that will get me my mark
      Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
      "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
      93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
      02 Avalanche

Comment

You should stick with a t3/t4 or just a t/3 or a big evo 3 16g would be optimal. Its not all about power its about balance. Without a redline to go with that big turbo useless. If you want you should really save your money and get a turbo car with less miles and whatnot and not have to worry about reliability issues after a build atleast itll last longer.

Comment

I've owned a turbo car and wasnt very pleased with it. I know its not about just power, its based off of application and a set goal. I have mine set and I'm trying to make that goal happen with what I have easily accessable. I'm in the process of building my head, and in this I'll raise my rpm possibility. Either way I will build a turbo H motor just call me stubborn I guess
          "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
          02 Avalanche

Comment

Gt30 would give you that 450whp mark and boost will come in at 4500rpms, that Gt45 is for supras and shiet bro, I don't even think I see drag hondas running GT45 series turbos!
            99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

awesome thanks for the help guys, I know its just the beginning of questions and searching for me

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
              02 Avalanche

Comment

Working...
              X