Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DSM 450 cc/min black top injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM 450 cc/min black top injectors

What does it take to fit DSM 450 cc/min black top low-impedance/peak & hold fuel injectors into a F22ax/H23 intake manifold with F22ax fuel rail?

Basically, I want to know if it is direct-fit or requires modifications? What about new injector seals for it, do they use the same as F22ax?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

you just need to widden out the O RINGS, you might as well buy a new one.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...jector+install

you looking for this?

Comment

If the seals are nice and warm, the injectors should slip in with some force. If they're cold, I put take a heat gun and warm them up a bit so it expands some.

They fit fine in the accord fuel rail.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Connector fits, the top-half fits fine with DSM cushion ring and F22 O-ring.

Onto the bottom-half fitment of this DSM injector. Stock F22 setup is one hard spacer, then a soft grommet ring ontop that.

The DSM injector is 3 mm than the F22 from where the soft grommet ring fits snug against the injector main bodies to the squirting tip of injector. Anyhow, I eliminated use of the F22 hard spacer on bottom and am using 1 or 2 soft grommet rings per DSM injector.

I need to accomplish two things on the bottom-half: prevent vacuum leak/good seal and injector position similar to F22 setup. I like the positioning of the 1 soft grommet ring use, but not the seal it's too borderline (seems like it may work, but I'm unsure). I like the seal of the 2 soft grommet rings per DSM injector, positioning seems like 1 mm recessed towards outside of intake manifold injector port. I ran out of time, more fooling around today after work. I want to get some better injector positioning measurements.

Comment

all i did was widden out both soft and hard o ring, and it fits fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
              all i did was widden out both soft and hard o ring, and it fits fine.
              After this mod, how was the position of stock F22 injector to the DSM on the squirting-end?

Comment

to be honest with you i never checked the height but i thought they were both the same height so the positioning should be the same.

Comment

to be honest with you i never checked the height but i thought they were both the same height so the positioning should be the same.
                  I know the measurements, that's why I asked. I've learned to not just do something because it fits and people say it works, many are not as detailed as I. There is a 3 mm difference between the DSM and F22 injector on the lower end.

Anyhow, I'm going the route of using 2 soft rings per DSM injector on the bottom. It provides similar position to F22 setup and a good air-tight seal on the injector. On top, I'm retaining the DSM cushion ring and using the F22 O-ring.

Comment

so if you use both soft o ring its positioned the same as stock?
                    is this mean your going turbo?

Comment

alright i tryed to do this the other day and the hard seals broke. then i did d112crzy idea and it did work, but it doesnt fit into the injector hole. im kinda stuck right now.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

haha

it means he's going to get turbo whp numbers, anyway

Comment

No, just making sure I have enough injector for the final dyno tuning on my all-motor white Accord project. I'm looking at worst case for a 200-250 whp range.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                            No, just making sure I have enough injector for the final dyno tuning on my all-motor white Accord project. I'm looking at worst case for a 200-250 whp range.
                            damn 200-250whp on sohc will be sick

Comment

Well, I'm either going RC 550 cc/min peak & hold injectors or Venom 440 cc/min peak & hold injectors at the moment. I really need 440 minimal, but RC 550 are the lowest peak & hold they make and can work by lowering the duty cycle at tuning, but retain good fuel pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X