Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boosting the F20a DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92ex
    deev 05
    AccordtunerX 05 and before.

Easily, this forum if full of almost any answer you have. Unless you are doing a crazy turbo build, or mixmatching millions of parts, the answer is there.

d112crzy, you were a noob one time as well. Flaming just led this thread way off topic.

The f20a is alright for boosting. Alex_EX blew his up after less then 2 years I think. Just make sure you have a good tune and ALL fluids are being delivered. As for the flange, f22/h23/f20a/f22b are all interchangeable. ECU wise, you need an obd1 teg/civ/dsol ecu and chipped. Look around at stickys and some of the guys with fully built cars and see what theyve done.
    And all it took for me to stop being a retarded noob was a flaming from wikked.

I learned my lesson.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon
      I wanted to know first if the regular H22/H23 turbo manifolds fit this engine or do the F series would fit
      H22 is different. H23, F22, F20A all can use the same header or turbo manifolds.

if the ECU can be chipped easily to run a turbo.
      Yes you can chip the ECU, best speak with a local ECU tuner shop about this. They will tell you their pick.

Only thing I know about this thing is that its got 10 less hp and tq than the H23 which I can live with until I get a turbo.
      The torque and hp is also higher up on the rev band, but the transmission should help u keep the revs up . The F20A DOHC is great for turbocharging. The only issue might be the relatively high compression ratio at 9.5:1.

F20A DOHC ENGINE specs:
      -150 hp @ 6100 RPM
      -137 ft-lbs @ 5000 RPM
      -Compression 9.5:1
      -Bore: 85mm
      -Stroke: 88mm
      DEVOTE

Comment

relatively high?

That's nothing close to high.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          relatively high?

That's nothing close to high.
          relatively higher cr ...
          DEVOTE

Comment

lol when people go with boost pistons they stay at 9.2-9.5:1

all it means is there is less room for error, but more get up and go when you are out of boost

i loved my boosted f20 back in the day

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
              lol when people go with boost pistons they stay at 9.2-9.5:1

all it means is there is less room for error, but more get up and go when you are out of boost

i loved my boosted f20 back in the day
              carlos said urs only blew pretty much from a spike of 18 lbs. or so. and he said you guys think it was caused by the tranny (auto). i told carlos i wanted to push only 8 lbs. but he said we can get 11 on a solid tune. just wondering what your opinion might be on this.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Working...
              X