Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

BOV Samples/Opinions LOUD LOUD LOUD!! Need Help picking one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOV Samples/Opinions LOUD LOUD LOUD!! Need Help picking one...

Anybody have of a link or web site where I could hear some BOV's , I've heard so many different opinions about different models, I'm not sure, I don't want to get one that's weak, And if you feel like I do the BOV is the star of the show, if you have a weak BOV I don't care how fast you are your not gonna get the street props......

Loudest on the market is the Turbo XS Type H RFL..."really fuckin loud"

other nice ones out there are the Greddy S, HKS SSQV and Tial BOV's

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
    AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

HKS SSQ

I've heard the HKS is not that loud, anybody else think so...

Comment

your rite... its not loud....i was just listing other GOOD bov's....TURBO XS is as loud as it gets....just get one of theirs...even their quietest one is as loud as a normal one

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
        AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Originally posted by AznBadAss92LX
          your rite... its not loud....i was just listing other GOOD bov's....TURBO XS is as loud as it gets....just get one of theirs...even their quietest one is as loud as a normal one
          yeah i if i remember correctly buddy of mine has the turbo x's on his sr20 blacktop, and that beast is so damn loud, ive heard some loud ones but i think its this one, ill have to ask him, but it top the cake on loudness....another buddy of mine has the HKS on his supra, sounds kinda wimpy, but sounds nice.

^sold

Comment

BOV

I would love to get the Turbo Xs H RFL the one with the Horn on it, but they recommend that for applications running 10 psi or more that's not my situation, I'll be running 7-9 on the average, don't want any problems with it not opening, what about the type S model anyone heard that one, it's alot smaller and usually comes purple or blue, looks like a little red bull can, that one says it good for 10 psi or lower and still claims 106db from 3 feet away, what do you think?

Comment

i got the hks in my supra and its not loud but its has a nice sound,i think the rfl sounds loud but nasty.best ones in the market in my opinion are the type s and hks

Comment

BOV

Your talking about this one right Turbo XS Type S BOV In your opinion, I heard it's still 106db which I think is loud but the tone, I hope it's not just a whimpy whistle.....

Comment

Here you go: http://www.blowoffvalves.com/

Does anyone know what a search engine is????

247.2whp JDM H22A w/75shot and few other bolt ons lol
                  281.6whp w/100hp wet shot and 110 octane race fuel

Comment

hey which b.o.v. is the one that makes the fluttering sound? i keep thinking its the hks ssq but on the recordings on www.blowoffvalves.com it doesnt sound like it.
                    90 accord ex

Comment

i know the greddy type R flutters and the greddy type s and hks ssq. but a bov won't flutter on low boost. usually only happens after around 15 pounds of boost and up.

247.2whp JDM H22A w/75shot and few other bolt ons lol
                      281.6whp w/100hp wet shot and 110 octane race fuel

Comment

thats what i thought, becuase I heard the fluttering sound on one of the "ground zero" hatch vids. and all there hatches are atleast 300+ hp
                        90 accord ex

Comment

thats what i thought, becuase I heard the fluttering sound on one of the "ground zero" hatch vids. and all there hatches are atleast 300+ hp
                          90 accord ex

Comment

whats a good bov on the market that sounds like or close to the WRX bov???

i really dont like the squeling type bov, heard one on a stock (i think) VW gti.
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

there have been many discussions within my forum on this. copy/paste the link in my sig and look around.

Comment

Working...
                              X