Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft installed & comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft installed & comments

i ordered my bisimoto stg2 cam and it should be here next week.as of right now i have on my car all hyame short ram intake, 2.25" cat back, adj. cam gear and 4-2-1 header and i also have an h23 intake manifold and aem adj. fpr. im going to dyno the car before and after to see what kind of gains i get and ill try to post it for yall.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Sweet, plz do that, I want my set up to b smiliar to yours, u have a stock head or what
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

this will be nice.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

So your real mods include the H23 IM & TB and the Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft. I would get a better header and open up your exhaust. Some portwork on that head would be nice. But good start.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          So your real mods include the H23 IM & TB and the Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft. I would get a better header and open up your exhaust. Some portwork on that head would be nice. But good start.
          x2. with all the extra air you will be sucking in, you need a better header and and 2.5in exahust to shove the air out
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I am very curious on your experience with this level 2 cam. I learned about Bisimoto after my red Accord project was completed, wished I would have installed this cam in it. Really curious, please share your findings. Good luck. I'm curious on idle RPM and powerband RPM range.

1) Who will tune the motor?

2) What is your expected deadline for installation and final motor tune?

Comment

oh man, beautiful. I have an extra f22 head laying around that I was going to build up and use bisi's cam. this will be interesting.

Comment

Any progress?

Comment

I too am VERY interested to see your gains......I eventually intend to go bisi stage 2 also! Please keep us posted!
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                    power band is 1700rpm-6200rpm and it made 140hp/141ft/lbs with only an i/h/c and h23 intake manifold on a stock pt-6 ecu. im planning on getting an unorthodox racing underdrive pulley, phenolic intake manifold gasket and a hondata s300 unit with a p06 and tune it and later in the summer im going to pull the head and do minor port work and upgrade to bisimoto valvesprings and teflon rocker spacers so i can turn it high enough to compensate for the h23 tranny im gonna put in it. to go 65mph in 2nd with the stock tranny is 6500rpm to go 65mph with the h23 tranny you have to turn it about 7200-7400rpm. but you can gain a 10% power gain.
                    The above is a PM received from the OP, just wanted to share this information. I like the fact he is considering an H23 5spd tranny, will be a great addition.

Good luck on this build. As I said before, I wish I could have this cam and an H23 5spd tranny on my red and would have, had I known of Bisimoto at the time of the build. I have confidence my gains, driveability and performance powerband would have been better.

Comment

10%? Bisi rated his stage 1 @ 10%.

140 hp, what motor do you have. Powerband is nice, so is the tq rating, but an stock a6 is 140hp.

I was lookin for a lil bit better results. Props on ur setup tho.
                      Last edited by F20A CB7; 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        10%? Bisi rated his stage 1 @ 10%.

140 hp, what motor do you have. Powerband is nice, so is the tq rating, but an stock a6 is 140hp.

I was lookin for a lil bit better results. Props on ur setup tho.
                        F22a6 makes 140HP in new-like condition and at the crank, not the wheels! Also, he's running stock PT6 ECU, so it's untuned for this camshaft. He needs a tune.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

stock f22a dyno around 118 at the wheels or so, 2.5 collector header, and 2.5 exhaust would yield in a significant gain. 140 at the wheels, im sure that could put up a good fight with a h22.

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311 View Post
                            stock f22a dyno around 118 at the wheels or so, 2.5 collector header, and 2.5 exhaust would yield in a significant gain. 140 at the wheels, im sure that could put up a good fight with a h22.
                            Yea, on my red Accord project I'm making about 155 whp and that was about a 50-55 whp gain. I know that with this Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft I could have made more at at the very least have a better powerband. The 4-7K rpm powerband I have now with the Delta 272 cam is alright for a daily driver, but it would be better if it were more useable/lower. Of course, it is nice to be "off the cam" while 80mph 5th gear cruising (I do mostly highway driving) at 3200 rpms, probably better for gas mileage.

Comment

So the OP made 140whp? It didn't say that, also to the OP, what degress was the level 2 cam shaft set @.
                              Last edited by F20A CB7; 06-25-2008, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X