Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 upper plenum help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 upper plenum help!

okay, ive got a 70mm TB, and the h22 upper plenum, when the TB is attached to the plenum, the buttlerfly valve inside the TB cant open due to the size of the hole on the plenum...its not big enough.

now, im getting the plenum bored out to match the TB from the machine shop i have at work for a case of beer....the thing is, he gave it back to me, but heres what im wondering, should the opening in the plenum match the ENTIRE size of the TB, or just big enough so that the butterfly valve can open freely????

thanks in advance for all answers!!
    ..[CB7][STAR]..
    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Originally posted by stewie View Post
    okay, ive got a 70mm TB, and the h22 upper plenum, when the TB is attached to the plenum, the buttlerfly valve inside the TB cant open due to the size of the hole on the plenum...its not big enough.

now, im getting the plenum bored out to match the TB from the machine shop i have at work for a case of beer....the thing is, he gave it back to me, but heres what im wondering, should the opening in the plenum match the ENTIRE size of the TB, or just big enough so that the butterfly valve can open freely????

thanks in advance for all answers!!
    Ideally, it should match the opening. It should flow straight into the plenum with no obstructions.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ya the bore on the backside of the throttle body should match the bore on the mounting surface of the plenum, otherwise you sort of defeat the purpose of the bored TB.

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

the TB was never bored though...its the plenum that got bored.

like, if i open the butterfly so its fully opened, you can see maybe less then 1/4' all around from the plenum. should i take it back?
        ..[CB7][STAR]..
        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

By rights, the plenum should match up exactly w/ the t/b @ both mating surfaces. Now, 70mm is huge, obviously aftermarket, but I'm not very knowledgable on this subject, but I'm not sure if the plenum can be bored that large. It also depends on how far into the plenum the cut goes b/c you wouldn't want to start cutting into the air passage-way for the IACV, that's if you're going to run it Like I said, I'm not an expert w/ this, but I'd be careful about going too large! Maybe search around to see what the limits of the H series plenum are.

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
            the TB was never bored though...its the plenum that got bored.

like, if i open the butterfly so its fully opened, you can see maybe less then 1/4' all around from the plenum. should i take it back?
            when i say BORE i mean the diameter of the hole to put it in simple terms.

it SHOULD look like this, take off the TB and measure the diameter of the bore (hole) then, while it is off, measure the diameter of the bore (hole) on the intake plenum if the do not match up then you are in essence defeating the purpose of a TB of the size. look at it this way. you have a

70mm TB
            - 1/4" around the plenum (6.35mm)
            = 63.65mm

that is the mathematics of what you are dealing with

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
            X