Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Flywheel choices? need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel choices? need help

So ive been looking around for clutches and a new flywheel. and so far i have it narrowed down to two. the flywheels are for the same clutch they are just different weight. there is an 8.5lbs flywheel and an 11.5 lbs. which do yall think would be better for my app. which is pretty much stock except for cai,header,cat-back
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

i just bought an 11.5 pound F1 flywheel. i hear it makes it funner to drive compared to the stock 20+ pound one. I also have the same set up, header, catback exhaust and intake.

Comment

Fidanza.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        i just bought an 11.5 pound F1 flywheel. i hear it makes it funner to drive compared to the stock 20+ pound one. I also have the same set up, header, catback exhaust and intake.
        yea. did u get it off ebay cause the stage 1 cluch im looking at is by f1. and i also heard the lighter the flywheel the faster the rpms turn is that true?
        My cb7

h22a
        5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          Fidanza.
          haha that says nothing bout what lbs flywheel. i already kno what type of clutch im gettin. thanx tho
          My cb7

h22a
          5-spd lsd

Comment

The only one fidanza offers is 8.5 lbs...
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

yeah i bought it off of Gripforce on Ebay. 243 shipped to my house PDQ.

but the kit i bought was the exedy OE replacement clutch. everyone recommends getting an official Honda throwout bearing because the one they send you is crap.

now my F1 flywheel has the timing marks on the backside, but i hear those Fidanza don't so you'll want to transfer those marks over onto your new one if they don't have them.

yeah the lighter the flywheel the faster the RPMs will climb because of less rotational mass. i bought the 11.5pound one because i just wanted a funner ride where it wasn't a chore to shift.

Comment

but the kit i bought was the exedy OE replacement clutch. everyone recommends getting an official Honda throwout bearing because the one they send you is crap.

now my F1 flywheel has the timing marks on the backside, but i hear those Fidanza don't so you'll want to transfer those marks over onto your new one if they don't have them.

yeah the lighter the flywheel the faster the RPMs will climb because of less rotational mass. i bought the 11.5pound one because i just wanted a funner ride where it wasn't a chore to shift.
                Shifting with a 8.5 lbs flywheel is not a chore, you have to rev more but that is no big deal. My car is becoming more of a race car that I happen to drive everyday anyways.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

yea i had planned going with the f1 stage 1 clutch with the 11.5 flywheel. how did the clutch hold up for u and how long?
                  My cb7

h22a
                  5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    Shifting with a 8.5 lbs flywheel is not a chore, you have to rev more but that is no big deal. My car is becoming more of a race car that I happen to drive everyday anyways.
                    what stage clutch did u get. and did it come with a good throw out bearing? and how do u like it so far?
                    My cb7

h22a
                    5-spd lsd

Comment

don't know haven't put it in yet because i'm doing a 5spd swap from an auto.

another guy has the same clutch kit as me and he says he loves it.

i'll see if i can find the thread he made.

*edit

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=flywheel

Comment

don't know haven't put it in yet because i'm doing a 5spd swap from an auto.

another guy has the same clutch kit as me and he says he loves it.

i'll see if i can find the thread he made.

*edit

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=flywheel
                        yea i think ive made my decision. thanks guys
                        My cb7

h22a
                        5-spd lsd

Comment

so what did you choose?

Comment

so what did you choose?
                            i think im goin to go with the f1 stage 1 clutch, with the 11.5 flywheel. but im goin to get the oem throw out bearing though.
                            My cb7

h22a
                            5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
                              i think im goin to go with the f1 stage 1 clutch, with the 11.5 flywheel. but im goin to get the oem throw out bearing though.
                              Do some more research on that clutch. I had considered it with the same flywheel you want, but some searching showed the civic/teg guys as well as several other groups (probe, miata(?), and another I can't remember) all hated the f1-racing clutch... it didn't hold near as much as it should have, wore out in less than a year of daily driving, let alone track abuse, and chattered like a mofo.

You can cheap out on a flywheel and be okay, but the clutch is something you don't want to be cheap on. Get atleast an exedy oem (their TO bearings are good and their stages aren't much good), clutchnet, centerforce, act are good too.

I have this 11.5lb flywheel and love it. Pared with an Exedy OEM clutch/TO Bearing its great. 10k miles of street use and almost 500 miles on the track (NOT drag racing) and it still works and feels fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X