Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Crzy.Tuned H22 with DYNO**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crzy.Tuned H22 with DYNO**

USDM H22A1
    poormans skunk2 IM(stock IM w/ eliminated IAB plate)
    74>69mm tb
    DC header
    2.5" exhaust
    3" CAI
    100 wet shot
    NGK R5671A-7

I street tuned it and it made 174.66whp/145.44wtq.

Dyno tuned it today and it made 182.75whp/153.69wtq. Both at the same dyno, temp was about 5*F cooler today.

The peak numbers aren't the most impressive, but it's the area under the curve I focused on. I've yet to see any other h22 with such a strong/flat torque curve that lasts the entire powerband. This H22 feels and is faster than any other H22's I've ever tuned or ridden in(I rode in phatdoughnuts h22 that put out 190/153).

This motor LOVED being rich as the afr's showed mid to high 12's. If I went into the 13's, the torque would drop off quickly up top. The dyno's wideband was reading off by about 1 point. Good thing I had my own wideband hooked up.

Don't pay attention to the nitrous runs as the pressure would drop off really quick which explains the loss in power as the RPM's increased. He's going to get a 2Timer and then we'll tune for nitrous.

We'll get it to the track asap. The last time this thing went to the track it ran a 14.6 on a VAFC tuned by me. It's running MUCH better now.

Last edited by d112crzy; 10-31-2008, 07:48 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

thats awesome dude, glad to see someone doing it right

Comment

impressive

Comment

Nice work, I automatically fig'd it was a JDM motor, but what's the mileage? What vehicle is this motor in? Was the plenum portmatched to the t/b?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          Nice work, I automatically fig'd it was a JDM motor, but what's the mileage? What vehicle is this motor in? Was the plenum portmatched to the t/b?
          not portmatched. It's in a cb7 coupe, unknown mileage. At least 160k says the owner. There is definitely still more room for improvement since his plenum isn't port matched. My guess is that is the reason for his hp not climbing up more than it does already.

The owner is SSAccord92 on here. He doesn't get online very much.
          Last edited by d112crzy; 10-31-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Very nice.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

nice. Im tuned in for track times.
              spin city

Comment

Sweet torque curve, nice.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

So...we're still playing around with this motor to try and squeeze the most out of it.

Up until recently, his distributor has always been advanced. It has been like that because he was running the p13, which retarded his timing like crazy so to gain back some performance, he advanced the dizzy all the way.

Well..he's a stubborn ass and didn't want it set to stock because his car didn't like it(though he had never tried it with a chipped ecu, only p13). Well, I finally convinced him, or rather bugged him enough and we did about a 20 minute tune, mostly part throttle tuning and it pulled amazingly in the 2 pulls we did. It pulled a lot more up top but lost some torque down low(which I'm sure I can fix with more tuning). He bitched about not having the same torque down low so he set it back to advanced. He's just a stubborn ass. I'll get some tuning time behind the stock timing setting and show him it'll be better.

Anyways, he had to replace his timing belt last weekend and in doing so, I made him get rid of his balance shaft belt and DAMN even that makes a pretty big difference.

Slowly we'll get closer to the 200whp mark. AS IS.

Comment

So are these tunes with nitrous ON? Same question for the dyno runs in first post.

Comment

Only the 200+ numbers. is it really that hard to figure out which runs are nitrous and which aren't?

Comment

Shit man good numbers.

Ever since I saw that dude on H-T make like 210whp with a stock JDM H22A I've known there was a lot of potential in them.

I wonder what kind of tuning you could do for an F22B...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Shit man good numbers.

Ever since I saw that dude on H-T make like 210whp with a stock JDM H22A I've known there was a lot of potential in them.

I wonder what kind of tuning you could do for an F22B...
                          We'll find out once I get back to Washington.

Most h22's that put out 200+whp have a b-series trans mated to them. Gearing DOES make a difference. If it didn't, then it wouldn't matter if you dyno'd in 1st or 5th. It does. So that's why you see those stock h22's putting out over 200whp. I haven't seen many stock h22's mated to h22 trans put out much over 200.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            Only the 200+ numbers. is it really that hard to figure out which runs are nitrous and which aren't?
                            I can't see photos at work, they have smart filter. So kiss my a$$ Josey!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              So...we're still playing around with this motor to try and squeeze the most out of it.

Up until recently, his distributor has always been advanced. It has been like that because he was running the p13, which retarded his timing like crazy so to gain back some performance, he advanced the dizzy all the way.

Well..he's a stubborn ass and didn't want it set to stock because his car didn't like it(though he had never tried it with a chipped ecu, only p13). Well, I finally convinced him, or rather bugged him enough and we did about a 20 minute tune, mostly part throttle tuning and it pulled amazingly in the 2 pulls we did. It pulled a lot more up top but lost some torque down low(which I'm sure I can fix with more tuning). He bitched about not having the same torque down low so he set it back to advanced. He's just a stubborn ass. I'll get some tuning time behind the stock timing setting and show him it'll be better.

Anyways, he had to replace his timing belt last weekend and in doing so, I made him get rid of his balance shaft belt and DAMN even that makes a pretty big difference.

Slowly we'll get closer to the 200whp mark. AS IS.

you forgot to say that it was ME that had to set the damn timing on the motor to dead TDC... couldn't get no better. So now more tuning is needed because we think that the timing might have been off to begin with.

Nice power can be made with a good tune with a stock F22B. Still need more tuning on mine but for now it runs damn good compared to stock ecu.

Originally posted by Devergote
                              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X