Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

to iab or not to iab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to iab or not to iab

whats up yall i am i progress of doing a mild f22 build (top end mostly cam springs retainers post etc) i was wondering what would be best if i delete the iab's or keep them cause i have two h23 manifolds one with the iab delete and the other with iab's any input would be appreciated

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

this is gonna be fun

not to IAB
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I just did an experiment with a blacktrax spacer and iabs vs blacktrax spacer only, and I find that having no iabs yields a smoother transition into higher rpms, and better acceleration around the range where the iabs would be normally opening.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I slapped my H series plenum + maxbore'd t/b right onto my A6 runners, no IAB plate at all, motor does just fine, I like the throttle response. Motor pulls really well and still has a full stock exhaust and stock A6 camshaft.

Comment

well iheard that having iabs yeilds more low end while deleting them will give u better top end power on a stock motor but with it built the iabs wouldnt do much for me is that what u guys are saying?

Comment

take em out
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

maybe i might do the samething on my h23 turbo. i have a spare bottom of a h22 intake manifold..which still has the iab plate

Comment

word thanks

Comment

Do you plan on exceeding or having your peak power above 7k? If you do, delete the iabs, it will give you up around 10-20 more cfm per cylinder of air. Otherwise leave them in, because it does help having them hooked up when driving around town. Also h23 runners are longer then a6 runners (a6 for top end, h23 for bottom end).
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

so are we talking no IAB plate at all or made into a spacer?

Comment

I keep them for a daily driver, under 3500rpm without them sounds cool but is weeeeeaaaak in the bottom end and has no throttle response. I'd run with no plate at all for a setup where you're only worried about high rpm, I think that's what most people are referring to and doing for max HP.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Working...
                      X