Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The Long Awaited Bisimoto Dyno!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
    I'm not saying anyone is lying, as I stated in my previous post, but, this is the internet, anything is possible.

What I am saying is: I think a video would be an added bonus, and some more info about the set up, like you said, temps and what not
    I didn't think you were saying that. I was referencing the asshat that was calling them liars.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

It is unfortunate that my own brethren, using the same engine as in my race car, with all the research that we have done, would keep doubting our abilities.
      It is not uncommon for such gains to be seen if a header or even intake is designed properly. I do not tape my research sessions for public viewing either.
      That chart above is my 23rd iteration on the F22 design before I made one for 'Cisco. It was a bone stock F22A1, with a stock exhaust system and catalytic converter. Here are some examples of engines with smaller displacements, using our header designs:

- D16Z6 SOHC VTEC
      - 0.5mm overbore, total displacement 1611cc.
      - compression: 12.2:1
      - Stage 3 cam, valve springs and titanium retainers
      - Ported Head
      - Magnecor 8,5mm spark plug wires
      - ARP head studs
      - ARP rod bolts
      - Fidanza 7lbs flywheel
      - Exedy Stage 1 clutch (upgrade)
      - Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold
      - Edelbrock cam gear
      - B16A2 60mm throttle body
      - AEM V2 Cold Air Intake
      - AEM Tru-Power underdrive alternator pulley
      - Power steering removed
      - B&M fuel pressure regulator and gauge
      - 2.25" cat
      - GReddy EVO2 Cat-back

Comparison, Bisimoto header vs DC 4-2-1: result = 17.8 whp, 6 ft/lbs tq

Stock B16A (a small displacement, hard-to-show-header-power engine)
      Ebay intake
      2.5" exhaust system
      Custom Bisimoto V2 vs custom $1100 header from popular competitor
      Result: Bisimoto produced 18 whp at 7000 rpms and 12 ft/lbs at 6000 rpms, over more expensive competitor header.

The F22 is a higher displacement engine, and with appropriate camshaft upgrades and compression, it could so wonders.
      We are scientists, and not shadetree mechanics or racers. It is sad that many of you do not know the potential of the F22A engine. For those who do, cheers!
      'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
      World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
      World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
      1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
      1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
      1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
      2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
      NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
      Bisimoto's Facebook page
      478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Well, I guess that pretty much ends that discussion, as this engine is representative of most of the engines on this site.

A peak gain of ~27 WHP seems the price seem like a screaming deal, especially with the stainless construction.

Relative gains based on the chart:

5WHP from 1500-3000RPM (+10% gain)

3WHP from 3000-3500RPM (tapering down to even)

-5WHP from 3500-4100RPM (a loss of about 5%)

+2WHP at 4250RPM

+8WHP at 5000RPM

+27WHP at 6300RPM

If this were tuned, or had additional mods to improve the flow, imagine the gains. Also, notice the much meatier bottom end torque curve, which is in some cases providing an additional 15-20% torque in the bottom end and is not tapering off as quickly in the top end.

The other advantage to this is that you won't have to shift as early, which would put you back into the meatiest part of the power band, where you can again make use of the improved powerband.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What size collector is on this header?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Nice. That's all I can say lol. Everyone has said it was a good product but damn. It's still out of my price rang for a while even with the discount but maybe one day. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              If its the same as the one that's always been advertised on this site, then its 2.5"
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice. That's what doing your homework gets you

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  It is a true collector, but not sure on the sizes. He probably will not share as that is a major part of the design.

If you are referring to the output flange piping size (as most commonly refer to as the "collector") it ends with 2.5 inch.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post
                    It was a bone stock F22A1, with a stock exhaust system and catalytic converter.
                    What?? That's insane!

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I like it.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Bisi, cmon, you gotta expect a little skepticality. These type of numbers have never been seen before from any other company to date. Its normal to want some kind of proof because in stock form, the engine is, well, sort of a dog. Yeh it can be wakened up but you woke it up with ONLY a header. That shit is amazing. Like they say, the proof is in the pudding, once your header hits the street and reality hits, the doubt you are referring to will dissappear. Chill and keep up the great work.

P.S. Give me 50% off on your H22 headers. Chill
                        FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                        Pm meX
                        I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                        H22A Swap
                        I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                          Bisi, cmon, you gotta expect a little skepticality. These type of numbers have never been seen before from any other company to date.
                          exactly.

great job man, good to see the results finally and gotta say im quite amazed..

keep up the good work brother

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

THANK YOU.....now hopefully more people stop bitching and complaining and realize how awesome of a deal you guys are giving us and buy into the group buy.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                              Bisi, cmon, you gotta expect a little skepticality. These type of numbers have never been seen before from any other company to date.
                              Its not really that hard to believe.
                              I mean, for one - he does own the highest HP NA F22.
                              His research into his products is well developed, and he has a special interest in the F22.

As far as I know he is the only person that has seriously experimented with the F22 in N/A form. The next person I know would be Cisco.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

This is truely amazing. I'm curious about how the D-series gains were previously shown in comparison to the F-series, as both motors are very similar, yet the shape of each header is totally different. Bisi, is the drastically different design on each for clearance purposes? I know each runner must be equal length, and the curvature doesn't matter much provided a proper diameter is used (as far as I know). I'm not asking for secrets or anything, I just would like a little info on the concept behind the design.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X