Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** POST YOUR EXHAUST SETUP **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive got a f22b hp header to stock cat to 2.5 piping to a 22inch 2.5 magnaflow resonator to a magnaflow oval 2.5 muffler with a 2.5inch tip. its very quite but its got a deep sound to it no drone inside the car at all i love it you cant even tell what it is looks so stock
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

mine is the vibrant performance full cat back system its has a very deep tone sporty sound nothing to alert the neighbours... lol ,when im just sorting out the axle back piece as there somthing fishy about the diameter of the pipe its less than 2.5 inches and the centre pie is 2.5 inches so the company is looking into this i figure it might restrict the performace ok and how do you rid the raspy sound what causes this ? . ive heard alot of good things about the apexi ws system so im looking into buying one its just the shipping cost to get it here (uk) is worring ive seen a lot on ebay but not sure about the sound and strenght n1 style systems for 145 usd cheap or wot
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ukaccord92; 04-04-2005, 07:55 AM.

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Engine: Fushigi R-1 F22B Hybrid

Fushigi Tuned with various Fushigi and Other Manufactures parts

Fushigi Header

Fushigi Test Pipe

Exhaust:

Fushigi 2.25" Stainless Steel Exhaust

Apexi N-1 Muffler

The Exhaust is extremely loud cruising and even louder at wide open throttle. It isn't really streetable, but hey, I drive with it on the street anyway. I just deal with getting pulled over and sometimes getting tickets.

The exhaust was designed for mid to upper HP engines.

Comment

F22a1 with intake.

Exhaust:
          DC Sports ceramic header
          DC Sports SS cat back
          OEM cat

Good tone. Slighty to loud for my taste, but still sounds pretty good.
          If i was to buy another exhaust, i'd probly go with the Apex'i WS.

pics:

sound clip:
          http://www.members.shaw.ca/grwallace...%20Exhaust.MOV
          CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Thermal R&D exhaust.
            F22 with a CAI thats about it.
            I love it to death. I use to have a apexi WS, but got sick of the look and how low it was. From 2-3k it does rasp a little with age, but otherwise then that im completly happy. I have the same thermal on my lude and thats what made me get it on my accord.
            The qaulity, the looks, the sound that makes the f22 sound like it has power jk etc etc, its all good

Last edited by 97Lude; 01-25-2005, 12:41 AM.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Apex'i WS2
              Stock everything else (no need for a header when I'm swapping)

Pros

Sounds stock at idle, but tuned when you rev it.
              Somewhat noticeable gains in the upper RPM range...esp. highway
              Looks better than the crappy tip I had

Cons

Not 100% stainless
              I wish it was Dual Tipped
              That's about it.

I love my World Sport.

Comment

Greddy evo catback, staight pipe, 2.5 all the way, and soon to have hytech header with 2.5" collector
                -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                -HYTECH Header-
                -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

jdm h22a w dc 4-2-1 headers

stock cat

2.25 inch piping to a turbo N-1 style muffler (3in inlet and 4.5 inch tip)

sounds hella loud and roars...but when broken into it sounds raspy when the car first starts... but people say it sounds hard when im racing

now i got a big ass dent on it i dunt remember slamming the muffler..unless someone did when they drove my car...

and i just found out that one of my hangers broke off the muffler..

new set up will be magnaflow or flow master muffler 2.5 inch inlet 2.5 inch outlet with a resonater on the piping to be more quiet.. and to be sleeper

Comment

My setup:

h22a

2.5 mandrel bend kteller
                    carsound cat
                    turbo muffler
                    kamikase header
                    resonator(about 12 inch)

sounds pretty much like a performance stock setup.. like something that would come on a rsx type s or similar.

thats the old muffler.. I'll get pics of the turbo sometime, its pretty much the same except an unoticeably amount smaller, and im going to paint the canister black.
                    Last edited by aero; 03-06-2005, 06:53 PM.

Comment

heres a vid clip of my exhaust setup...
                      stock muffler, magnaflow cat, dc sport header...(magnaflow axle back is on the way )
                      http://www.reaction-image.net/albums...12/exhaust.wmv
                      enjoy.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

93 Coupe EX - JDM H22 with LSD - P28 Uberdata untuned (until Sunday)

2.5" pipes - FREE
                        2.5" Kteller mandrel bends ( ) 65 + 15 s/h
                        26" Cherrybomb glasspack (I know, I know) 18 at dealer cost
                        ES Oval muffler with GSR tip FREE
                        Machine shop welding FREE
                        Gaskets/Bolts/Flanges FREE
                        Labor (did it myself) FREE

It's surprisingly quiet. I was happy about that, haven't driven it yet, but I will when we tune this weekend. It's pinging and has a very un even powerband.

Pictures don't do it justice.
                        wat

Comment

I have a HP racing header on an F20A DOHC with custom mandrel bent 2.5" catback with dual 14" resonators and for now a 3A racing fart cannon. sounded nice on my F22a1 without the resonators till I took it to the strip. It got raspy and loud afterwards hence why I went with dual resonators.
                          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

my turn! my cat-back 2.25" piping Greddy SP est. 1993 on stock LX headers and original cat. it's super dooper quiet. at full throttle, it gets even quieter and all i hear is my intake. i love it!

before the roof rack and flush mount spoiler.

the way you see it now.
                            1cor10:31
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i'll get a vid clip as soon as i can to freshen things up.
                              until then, here's a small picture of my car with a greddy evo catback.
                              at cold startup it is a bit raspy but as the engine heats up, the sound is deep. at lower rpms it purrs as if it was a 6 cylinder. i like the setup alot. its been about 2 years since i got it so its a bit rusty but the stainless steel still shines like it should.
                              Attached Files

Rice or not. Cb7's will never die.

Comment

Installed Today,$80.00 from meineke.

2.25" catback, crush bent
                                Hi-Flo CarSound Cat
                                18" Comptech Resonator
                                RSX-TYPE S Muffler

VIDEO CLIP, with SOUND OFCOURSE (INSIDE THE CAR):
                                http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...V3DU16T1ZN03LL
                                Last edited by Nycxeracer; 04-06-2005, 09:58 PM.
                                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X