Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4-2-1 or 4-1 headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-2-1 or 4-1 headers?

which configuration is better, 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers?

furthermore, is there an ABS kit for the CB7? is it worth it? Can someone give me a link to view, research on, or purchase from?

sorry for combining 2 different topics in one thread.

short ram intake, clear side markers, amber corner lights, red clear taillights, reverse glow gauges, blue/white xenon headlights, JDM foglights

ABS kit?

I'm taking it you have a non-ABS Accord, so that means a 90-93 DX/LX (not including 93 LX 10th anniversary edition) and/or 90-91 EX.

If there was such a kit, it would be ridiculously expensive. Have you priced out a ABS modulator?? Craziness, the ABS has it's own computer, etc. Anyways, it'd be cheaper to sell your current CB7 and get a 92-93 EX, 91 or 93 SE, also the 93 LX 10th anniversary edition.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

To get my point across on how expensive ABS Honda OEM items are, check the following links. That is why it would be cheaper for you to located one of the specific models I listed above with ABS already.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ULATOR+%282%29

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ULATOR+%282%29

Just look at the ABS modulator and accumulator

Comment

header

A 4-into-1 Header with a fine-tuned collector is the best for peak power. The real only problem with the 4-into-1 is 1. ground clearance (cause of the collector) 2. Getting them in is a pain in the ass.

Comment

ive never seen a 4-1 header to cb7 only 4-2-1.
          if there is one plz tell me.
          im swidish and i have a EDM Accord EX(R) with the F22A3(150hp) engine.

Comment

http://www.mmrusa.com/kamaccord.htm

Comment

Originally posted by patrik.johnson
              ive never seen a 4-1 header to cb7 only 4-2-1.
              if there is one plz tell me.
              In the US, only the EX's and SE's came with 4-2-1 headers.

LX's and DX's came with 4-1 headers..
              --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                In the US, only the EX's and SE's came with 4-2-1 headers.

LX's and DX's came with 4-1 headers..
                ok.
                i was thinking of a dc 4-1.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  i wounder what kind of header would be best for me.
                  i want the most power between 4000-7000rpm?.
                  below that i dont care.
                  i also wounder what the shippmentcost would be to sweden?.
                  whats the correct spelling, shippment or shipment heh?.
                  Last edited by patrik.johnson; 01-09-2005, 08:55 PM.

Comment

shipment...............

Comment

hmmm i was under the impression that 4-2-1 is naturally better than 4-1

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

also, majestic honda is def. not the best place to research prices. Their stuff is all new, 700+ for an ecu? trust me you can pick one up for 10-100 and never anywhere near those prices. used, of course, but what I'm getting at is majestic is prob the best place if you're looking for who has the HIGHEST prices.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i have a DC sports 4-2-1, and i love it, i havnt tried a 4-1 but i raced my stock LX vs. the same LX but with a kamikaze header and i took him, but those header(s) were our only bolt ons....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Patrik.johnson: The basic tuning theory of small diameter long tubes for torque and larger diameter short tubes for High- RPM Horsepower

Accordaffair: it depends on your step up but with a GOOD 4-in-1 header vs. a GOOD 4-2-1 header you are only really looking at about 3 to 5 horsepower difference between the two in fav. for the 4-in-1. However the engineers at Honda knew what the hell they were doing that is why it is so hard to get horsepower out of are motors with out throwing on a turbo, supercharger, or Nitrous. not to much power was left on the table. compared to a V-8 where you throw headers on and you can get a lot of horsepower.

In the end just make sure you buy a GOOD header, don't buy a no name brand. Go with a brand that you know has done their homework, look at the build of the header are the lines and welds smooth or all rigid and ruff. You get what you pay of.
                            Last edited by 91cord; 01-10-2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

ya lol. put some headers on a small block chevy and you'll get like 20 hp. And then the intake manifold could get you like 30 hp.

All figures are guesstimated and are probably not correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X