Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

325whp 227wtq H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    That's almost EXACTLY twice the stock HP!

Scott, that's amazing. This motor (well, in a previous life) has been one of my biggest inspirations since you were making 249whp and ripping on Z06s with with the CB7!
    Thank you Deev. That seems like so long ago now... I am looking for more out of this engine really soon I think there is 20+ hp to gain still. We will see...

Comment

You wouldn't happen to be able to post a video of this engine in its current form would you?

Last time I heard it, you still had the Skunk 2 or Euro R manifold...
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yet another bad ass motor from Scott. There is ALWAYS room for improvement in any engine. Be proud of your results. Many people try to build an engine like this and fail.
        spin city

Comment

While you weren't impressed with the horsepower, my concern was more so with the torque. Perhaps this is maybe because I'm not an expert/lack of experience, but I always assumed that with N/A builds would always have the numbers relatively close; I guess because that's all I've ever seen with my own eyes. I just figured a motor with 300 or so whp would have close to 280 or so wtq. Is that also a result of mix-matched parts?
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

When you make peak power around 8500 rpms, you will never have close hp and torque numbers.
            spin city

Comment

Congrats on hitting the 325.6 WHP 227.3WTQ range. I'm sure you will be able to squeeze even more out of that thing. Seems like every time you post there is another 40-50whp found.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. What you have there is an accomplishment by far, something that gives others inspiration, and a gateway of hope for many; you understand!

With that being said, from mine and possibly other's perspective, amazing job. Great build. I am very impressed and enthused. Keep up the good work as you've succeeded extraordinarily. A pat on the back is well deserved.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                  When you make peak power around 8500 rpms, you will never have close hp and torque numbers.
                  So the lower in the power band you make peak power, the higher the torque numbers? Is that a rule of thumb for any build or just N/A ones?
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

hp is a function of torque with respect to time. when your peak power is around 5252 rpms you should have pretty similar numbers.
                    spin city

Comment

180-190ft-lbs torque, ~80% of peak developed below 5500 rpms! These low rod ratios are autocross motors no doubt! This motor in a civic would rape turbo cars out of corners! For a drag application, why not make the rod ratio higher, spin the motor faster and make more peak power?

Awesome numbers!
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        For a drag application, why not make the rod ratio higher, spin the motor faster and make more peak power?

Awesome numbers!
                        thats what i did, but getting out of the gate and passed the 60' in a decent time is half the battle.
                        www.850fab.com
                        IG - @850Fab
                        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Great #s, but w/2.5L, 15:1 comp and your expertise its to be expected....

Kinda curious to see what you could do w/a stock block H...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            Great #s, but w/2.5L, 15:1 comp and your expertise its to be expected....

Kinda curious to see what you could do w/a stock block H...
                            With a stock block you can still make a good amount of power.

P'n'P head
                            Bisi stg 2 cams
                            Bisi header
                            2.5in exhaust
                            maybe even an IM swap w/ CAI

All with a tune, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                              With a stock block you can still make a good amount of power.

P'n'P head
                              Bisi stg 2 cams
                              Bisi header
                              2.5in exhaust
                              maybe even an IM swap w/ CAI

All with a tune, of course.
                              id make a number of changes to that list, but thats the jist of it.
                              www.850fab.com
                              IG - @850Fab
                              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                                180-190ft-lbs torque, ~80% of peak developed below 5500 rpms! These low rod ratios are autocross motors no doubt! This motor in a civic would rape turbo cars out of corners! For a drag application, why not make the rod ratio higher, spin the motor faster and make more peak power?

Awesome numbers!
                                Actually, if you look at various power curves of pretty much ANY healthy DOHC VTEC engine, they have relatively flat torque curves. He simply managed to improve both ends, while keeping the shape flat.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X