Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Most Powerful Naturally Aspirated CB7 List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
    my last post was 9 minutes ago
    This is a stupid argument. Obviously Ghetto_CB7 is capable of making an engine with said power output. Shit happens. I say it's fair to be on the list. If you call b.s., then give him the money and watch him do it again.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      It also says you have to be an active member. Your last post was 6 months ago, not very active IMO.
      I personally invited Ghetto_CB7 to post his dyno on the thread. While it's unfortunate that his car is currently not capable of replicating that power, I understand the situation.

However, you do have a point that you must be an active member. I'm assuming that his recent inactivity coincides with the misfortune of his car? I'll allow it for this special case, since I know him to usually be a solid contributor to the site. However if he goes M.I.A. again, he will be removed.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

For the record all decimals .5 and up will be rounded up. Any decimals .4 and below will be rounded down.

I just want to give everyone my appreciation for posting up. This is all nicely coming together. I believe this will benefit not only the forum but the "future" generations as well as they start to assemble their own personal builds.

Comment

I beleive NWaccord would be the top dog with his SE coupe.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...&postcount=115

He also holds the title for Most Powerful Forced Induction CB7!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...14&postcount=1

Comment

I'm well aware...but he has to post it himself.

Comment

Should separate H and F or this whole thread will be nothing but bolt on H22a's which we've all seen a million times.
              What i suggest is make a top 5 for each F&H then the top KING's with both top 5's combined.

Just an idea.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

While I'm open to suggestions, as for right now I'm just taking what is given. We only have four entries so far, as of which one is an F22A. So that's 25% which is roughly what I hope will be the amount submitted.

There aren't really alot of serious N/A F22A projects on this site. Most are just guys adding I/H/E to the F22As they have until they can afford an H22A. To be honest there really aren't alot of serious N/A builds period. I did a lot of perusing through the active membership and while there are plenty of cars with performance upgrades...very few have ever put their car on a dyno, and even fewer have actually tuned their setups.

So with that being said it really doesn't take much to get on this list.....and yet the requirements are still so very elusive. But I believe that those "serious" F22A builds out there will make their way onto the list regardless simply because they have the drive and motivation to push the envelope that far.

However, to satisy you and any other members who may have this concern, once the list surpasses 15-20 entries I will be making an archive of any who don't "make the list" along with those who did. So they will be honored for their hard work regardless.

Comment

You must have skipped over the stock block 170whp F22 of jdm_Accorn's and a few more out there. You're right not many F22 builds that's exactly why i said what i said as everyone and their sister has seen bolt on H's IMO that is not a build, no offense to anybody. By making it separate it would cut down on such and only true builds of a F&H (I should say sohc and dohc) would be on the top 5 for each.

The reason i suggested it is to show both side's although a F22 might make 160-170whp with $2k+ of work you still get greater tq than a H, and without tq you go nowhere it's not all about hp. These few sohc build's deserve to be shown as they have potential even though the hp is lacking until the compression is bumped up.
                  Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I didn't skip over "anything" or "anyone". Every build must be posted by the owner of such build. If they don't post it, it's not listed. That doesn't mean it doesn't "count", but not everyone likes to advertise their build, and that's something I can respect.

This thread is also still very much new, and hasn't had much exposure compared to the Forced Induction one. And certain members you may like to appear may not be active enough to notice its existence in the first place. Now I did send out my own "mailer" to a handful of members; to try and promote the thread as well as activity in the sub-forum as a whole, but it's not my job to track down every single car that's ever hopped on a dyno.

Now with that being said, I'd like to direct discussion back to solely the purpose of this thread. The posting of setups, and light banter of such posts. If you have any other questions or concerns, please direct them to me or another moderator via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      What kind of compression ratio did you get with the Cometic?
                      It actually brought my compression down a tad, to about 9:9:1

Comment

That's what i was thinking...is this a future alternative boost build? Any plans to go back to oem and retune?

Comment

Figured I'd just throw mine on the dyno so I could participate....

Engine: H22A
                          Intake: eBay Short Ram Intake
                          Throttle Body: Skunk2 Alpha-N 70mm
                          Manifold: Skunk2 Pro Series Manifold w/ Bisimoto Heat Shielding Gasket
                          Header: KiddRacing H22 Header with "3 Collector
                          Exhaust: eBay N1 Catback
                          Tuning Software: Chipped P28 on cromePro Streetuned by EFC Motorsports in Newport News, VA

Some second opinions have suggested some ignition and timing changes would do some good, which might be right since I hit 180whp and 160wtq on one pull with an ignition spike.....any other thoughts are welcome.

Comment

Guilty for not being active in awhile....However still have the setup, still running strong!

Block: H22a Stock
                            - 11.0:1 comp. (235psi across all cylinders)
                            - H23 Manual tensioner
                            - OEM HG
                            - ARP Head studs

Head: H22a
                            - Port & Polish
                            - SuperTech Hi Comp Valves/Guides
                            - 3 Angle Valve Job
                            - DH Racing Dual valve Springs/Retainers
                            - Blox Spec B High Profile NA cams

Drivetrain:
                            - M2B4 Transmission
                            - Fidanza 7lb flywheel
                            - XTD Stage 3 Clutch

Intake: - Skunk2 Manifold
                            - OMNI 70mm TB
                            - 3" Short Ram - AEM Filter
                            - All Coolant lines bypassed
                            - Stock JDM Injectors
                            - Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Exhaust- Fujitsubo 4-2-1 Header
                            - Fujitsubo Downpipe with 2¾" Collector
                            - Custom 2½" Crush Bent Piping
                            - HiFlow Magna flow Cat
                            - Magna flow Resonator
                            - Modified 04' STi Muffler

Brains: - eCtune p28
                            - 8200rpm Rev Cut
                            - 6000rpm VTEC
                            - 92 Octane
                            - KaizenSpeed Tune Dyno Dynamics
                            Last edited by NWaccord; 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                            MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

NWAccord, that is a crazy flat torque curve. That engine is very well put together and tuned!
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Well looks like the king is back
                                My 91 ex coupe
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Working...
                                X