Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Most Powerful Naturally Aspirated CB7 List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7RID3R's Accord

Internally Stock H22a
    Ported IM
    Skunk2 Alpha 70mm Throttle Body
    Vibrant Header
    3" header back
    3" Vibrant Resonator
    3" Vibrant Muffler
    3.5" to 3" Intake arm
    Skunk2 3.5" Velocity Stack

RDX 410CC
    Walbro 255
    Chipped Ecu Tuned by Me.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Oh shit looks like I have to post my update

Comment

Here's my latest the H23a1 is no more....

Motor:
        Stock H22A
        Megan Racing Header
        2.5" mandrel bent exhaust
        Borla Wailtail muffler
        Crap Intake and pod filter
        P28 ECU and Hondata S200

183 HP
        146 ft/lb roughly

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Wow, that's impressive for those limited mods!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Wow, that's impressive for those limited mods!
            Thanks! I thought the same thing! The tuner said that's about 10hp more than the average swapped H22 with exhaust and intake that he normally sees. I'm hoping this just means that this motor is fairly strong internally, maybe not even that many miles on it?????

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

The dyno could've been a bit optimistic as well. Dynojets are known to be. Still, not bad at all! That's like 20whp over stock!

I've heard of freak engines making more power than they're supposed to. I think we had one on here that pulled 185hp bone stock. Again, could've been an optimistic dyno... though I think the quarter mile times suggested that it was pretty accurate.
              It's entirely possible that you're actually making that much. Throw some cams in there and get it tuned again, I bet you'll break 200whp.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having one of those freak engines! haha. After seeing those numbers I wouldn't mind throwing some more money at the car to get it over 200! however..... my wife might not be too thrilled with that lol. Especially since we have a good amount of stuff around the house that needs fixing. So it will probably be a while before I ever get into putting more $$$ into the car.

Comment

Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
                  I wouldn't mind having one of those freak engines! haha. After seeing those numbers I wouldn't mind throwing some more money at the car to get it over 200! however..... my wife might not be too thrilled with that lol. Especially since we have a good amount of stuff around the house that needs fixing. So it will probably be a while before I ever get into putting more $$$ into the car.
                  Well, it's good you have your priorities right!
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I worked for Chrysler when they brought out the Omni GLH (goes like hell) turbo in 1985. The turbo was rated at 145 hp. Chrysler got complaints about lack of power, so they tested 100 of them coming off the engine assembly line. They ranged in power from about 120 to 175.

Granted, Honda's quality control is far, far better than Chrysler's was in 1985 and there is generally less variance in naturally aspirated engines than in turbos. But there is still going to be some variation from engine to engine, especially in used engines (engine wear will decrease internal engine friction, increasing hp as long as the wear doesn't affect how the engine functions or compression ratio).

Comment

Bump for list update??

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I've heard of freak engines making more power than they're supposed to. I think we had one on here that pulled 185hp bone stock. Again, could've been an optimistic dyno... though I think the quarter mile times suggested that it was pretty accurate.
                        It's entirely possible that you're actually making that much. Throw some cams in there and get it tuned again, I bet you'll break 200whp.
                        Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
                        I wouldn't mind having one of those freak engines! haha. After seeing those numbers I wouldn't mind throwing some more money at the car to get it over 200!
                        I was right around that mark on my first baseline run as well. I think it may just be healthy engines. 200 is easily attainable for you without doing cams. I still haven't touched anything under the valve cover and I'm at 208 with 18" wheels.

On a side note, it's awesome to see activity in here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          I was right around that mark on my first baseline run as well. I think it may just be healthy engines. 200 is easily attainable for you without doing cams. I still haven't touched anything under the valve cover and I'm at 208 with 18" wheels.

On a side note, it's awesome to see activity in here again.
                          Maybe I should up my HP end goal then lol. The next thing I was going to do is a skunk2 intake manifold since I already have their 70mm throttle body (its still on my old h23a1), a set of bigger cams, and I was tossing around the idea in my head of updating my tuning software to s300 and get off of the s200 its on lol. Nothing anytime soon though, bout to be pouring money into house renovations

Comment

The skunk2 manifold will give you some nice gains with the 70mm throttle body. I picked up 7hp just changing to the skunk2 manifold since I had already had the 70mm on a stock manifold port matched. I really want to run an S300 as well because chrome just isn't cutting it for me.

Comment

Last edited by Smiley_cb7; 03-25-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Updated, just when I thougtht this place was dead. Appreciate people still pushing the envelope.
                                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                                X