Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22A Bisimoto Header: How well is yours working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost, i would never have thought to hear such a question from one of your experience in a serious capacity. It's a race header, no. Megans arent even legal.

http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...f43mmtfoutv8m4

And wasnt the issue of bisi paying for the shipping already taken care of in another thread?

Ed. - posts 72 & 73:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=196644&page=4
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

lol....it was actually a rhetorical question. I kind of answered it in in the next sentence.

As mentioned in the above post they can be unsafe for the road in this current configuration. Even the company admits that they are an expansion seal fit. Therefore if they don't fit properly and don't seal they are unsafe. This should have been mentioned in the group buy header specs and it should be highlighted on the website as well.

How obscure is that caution. under "conditions of use". Is that for the header of everything on the website...lol
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post
        The unit is still in in line for modification, and the OP will be notified upon completion.
        in line for modification? jesus christ bisi its been almost a month. how many others have sent their header back to you?

Comment

Oyajicool, if you even caught my comments in the short time they were up, im sorry for the personal attacks.
          I read it. Thank you for saying that. And this oyaji is still cool.

------------------------------------------
          Racing header or street legal header, it shall not leak due to safety concern. As a paying/paid customer, I am not content with words like "I am trying to help you". At the same time, I am lucky and thankful that Bisi is taking his time to fix mine. I just hope there will be a happy ending really soon.
          Last edited by oyajicool; 02-24-2013, 04:14 PM.
          A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
            in line for modification? jesus christ bisi its been almost a month. how many others have sent their header back to you?
            Relax. Bisimoto is not a big corporation with unlimited resources, it is a small business with a handful of staff and thus there are some compromises from time to time. However, it is good to see that Bisi himself is personally handling the situation. Do you think you'd get this kind of service and personal attention for a big corporation? Doubt it.

I am looking forward to a happy ending here as well.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

but if there is a line. how many leaked? for a small company especially. its not like its high volume so why are there so many issues that theres a line a month long? im not bashing just wondering

Comment

Very intersted on the issue here, slipjoints over time should seal from heat expansion. Unfortunately as a licensed NC inspector any vehicle showing trace of a leaking exhaust before the muffler is a fail by law. This as a north carolina resident with interest in. this manifold has me concerned. At the same time I know lots of honda owners that detune their cars on a yearly basis so it can pass inspection. Its part of vehicle modification, do what you got to do as a buyer our a seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Relax. Bisimoto is not a big corporation with unlimited resources, it is a small business with a handful of staff and thus there are some compromises from time to time. However, it is good to see that Bisi himself is personally handling the situation. Do you think you'd get this kind of service and personal attention for a big corporation? Doubt it.

I am looking forward to a happy ending here as well.
                  I believe your logic is flawed.

1) Most big corporations got big because they were able to sell new product and still take care of their existing customers. Not all companies maintain that once they are big, but not all quit doing it either. It is a personal choice, as much as it is for a small business.

2) I have worked for many small businesses, and because there are fewer customers, the company relies on each one of them a lot more to come back or they go under. That is reason for BETTER customer service, not worse. As a small business, it is also a lot harder to attract new customers when reports of your service are subpar. Hence why I simply refuse to even entertain the idea of buying Bisimoto product. And yes, I do tell my friends or other perspective customers.

3) Small or not, it should not be unreasonable for a company to deliver a product that works as intended the first time.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA View Post
                    Very intersted on the issue here, slipjoints over time should seal from heat expansion. Unfortunately as a licensed NC inspector any vehicle showing trace of a leaking exhaust before the muffler is a fail by law. This as a north carolina resident with interest in. this manifold has me concerned. At the same time I know lots of honda owners that detune their cars on a yearly basis so it can pass inspection. Its part of vehicle modification, do what you got to do as a buyer our a seller.
                    Been thinking about this and perhaps what is known about slip joints expanding and sealing from heat should be taken into consideration. On a street application it would take a greater amount of time for that said expansion to take place. Bisi's race insight f22 produces what? almost 400hp, with more power more heat is made at a higher rate. I would not expect my tired old engine making less than 35 horse power per cylinder to get as hot as one producing twice that, so on my car i wouldnt expect it to seal fully.

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA View Post
                      Been thinking about this and perhaps what is known about slip joints expanding and sealing from heat should be taken into consideration. On a street application it would take a greater amount of time for that said expansion to take place. Bisi's race insight f22 produces what? almost 400hp, with more power more heat is made at a higher rate. I would not expect my tired old engine making less than 35 horse power per cylinder to get as hot as one producing twice that, so on my car i wouldnt expect it to seal fully.
                      Yea but he is doing runs for 9 seconds at a time

You are running your header for hours at a time sometimes. So it should heat up enough, and should be able to seal w/relatively minimal heat.

The header is just not well made, and for some reason nobody wants to come to grips with that fact.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It refers to operating temperature,not post-race superheating. It doesnt take much for metal to start expanding. And anyways, you dont rev a cold engine if you want it to last long,whether it's a stock engine or a race machine. So do note that there are obviously better choices for a car you tote your family around in, but it's the buyer's decision to do so.

Accrdwgnguy seems to agree with my deleted statement that having a small fabrication staff means these things take time. Customer service aside,it takes man hours to do this stuff, and fewer fabricators (sounds to me like there aren't very many at all at Bisimoto) means that their hands are full and they can only do their best to please all of their customers.
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-24-2013, 11:37 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Its a race header with a slip-fit joint...

If you couldn't tell just from the picture that it's going to leak some, then you have no business trying to build a high performance engine.

Come on people.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What if your racing is "road racing" or "gymkhana"?
                            How much is "some"?

Your logic is not acceptable to me when slip joints can be made leak free as you can see in the photos on the opening post of this thread.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I would like to, as the title says, know how well is yours working as far as leak issue is concerned. Did it work well right out of the box, leak free? Or, did you have to do something to contain the leak? How did you do it? How is it installed on your car/engine? Please post up actual photos if you have.
                            Please do not post about power gain or loss.
                            Thank you for sharing photos, Cb_JoeyG.

How about other people to share your success stories?? How did you join the down pipe to the rest of your exhaust system? Did you use flex joints? Did you use ball joints?

I hope this thread will be a benefit to the current owners as well as future owners of Bisimoto headers and to Bisimoto Engineering.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

wasnt this header made to be a street version anyway. race header is no excuse.

Comment

I can see the engineering behind the design of the product, but it seems like the design standards and the manufacturing standards aren't on the same page.

They talk a lot about this in my engineering technology courses, and I see it every day on my school's SAE team. The solidworks/CAD model is the ideal version of the part, but probably not the one that's gonna end up being built. You need to have realistic tolerances for manufacturing, and if those cannot be met, the component isn't viable and a redesign is necessary.

For the suspension components I've designed, I'll give our builders all of the drawings necessary, but because our quality control isn't the greatest at times I will also point out which dimensions are the ones that are the most crucial and will require a rebuild if tolerances aren't met, and which ones can slide a bit. Width of inner mounts too wide? We'll move the tabs. Total length of the arm a touch short? We'll fix that with the camber adjustment in the heim joint. Arm step too small or shock mount in the wrong place? Cut it off.

I expect this sort of thing from a student SAE team, since none of us are making money at this, but a business that deals with fabrication (for this thread I'm going to be nice and ignore the claims your stuff is outsourced) should have this sort of basic shit sorted.

Personally, if I had one of these in my posession, I'd weld up the slip fit while cringing about how much extra unneeded material and weight there is in the "new" header design, and put a V-band right below the merge to connect it to the downpipe. Should still come on and off the car fine. If need be, install a new O2 bung on the downpipe.

V Band:
                                http://www.amazon.com/Clamp-Flange-T...h+v+band+clamp

O2 Bung:
                                http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motor...o2+sensor+bung

Boom, problem solved for under $40 plus some welding wire and an hour or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X